Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

If You're Considering Extended Deviated Stitching

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 01:21 AM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 695 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by sonicworld
Anyone else have some pictures to add since June?
posted some in September

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17665039

and

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17665584

speed blue extended deviated stitching on a shark blue GT4
The following users liked this post:
sonicworld (12-30-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 02:09 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 295 Posts

For those who are getting the extended stitching on the dashboard, I forgot about it and was initially bummed out but then I realized the glare might be kind of annoying especially with a lighter fabric color.

The following 2 users liked this post by skafia:
Alpha Ice (07-05-2022), Toon902 (12-30-2021)
Old 07-04-2022, 02:29 PM
Stoff
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

@skeeter714 Beautiful interior and thanks for photos of the Extended Deviated Stitching! Can you confirm if the headrest embroidered "Spyder" logo in LG is part of the Extended Deviated Stitching package or is that an extra option?
Old 07-04-2022, 02:51 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,483 Likes on 922 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoff
@skeeter714 Beautiful interior and thanks for photos of the Extended Deviated Stitching! Can you confirm if the headrest embroidered "Spyder" logo in LG is part of the Extended Deviated Stitching package or is that an extra option?

It's included in the deviated stitching option....the only thing you wont get color match is the door pulls....and of course the seatbelts.
Old 07-04-2022, 04:40 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,872 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
It's included in the deviated stitching option....the only thing you wont get color match is the door pulls....and of course the seatbelts.
Seatbelts are an option you can pay for but I also have door pulls from a member here.
Old 07-04-2022, 08:17 PM
Stoff
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for the reply, very useful!
Old 07-05-2022, 11:24 AM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 460 Likes on 286 Posts

My SA stated that I should go for the leather steering casing column, but opted not to tell me that I wouldn't get it with the same silver stitching that the rest of my whole interior has. I was a bit pissed initially but didn't say anything...although now I'm not as bad as I have seen some glare from other drivers. Had I known that there was another option, I would probably still have spent the extra $170/200 for the color matched stitching there too. Something to be aware of with others - expand all the build menu items. I guess I didn't obsess as much as I should have on my build
Old 07-05-2022, 02:46 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 727 Likes on 440 Posts

@Alpha Ice Wait before you get frustrated, are you getting standard Silver stitching with Deviated Stitching package? If so, your steering column stitching should match the rest of the car. I specced standard Silver stitching option with full leather and leather steering column (not deviated), it came with Silver stitching, not black.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:17 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,483 Likes on 922 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911
@Alpha Ice Wait before you get frustrated, are you getting standard Silver stitching with Deviated Stitching package? If so, your steering column stitching should match the rest of the car. I specced standard Silver stitching option with full leather and leather steering column (not deviated), it came with Silver stitching, not black.

This....the steering column should match the selected stitching.
Now if you go for the deviated stitching option you have to pick the steering column from the deviated stitching options list...it wont allow you to pick the one from the regular leather options. Same goes for door sills.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:39 PM
skeeter714
Instructor

Received 140 Likes on 67 Posts

This....the steering column should match the selected stitching.
Now if you go for the deviated stitching option you have to pick the steering column from the deviated stitching options list...it wont allow you to pick the one from the regular leather options. Same goes for door sills.
Bingo!

@Alpha Ice you should be good to go!
Old 07-05-2022, 04:04 PM
DreiPedals
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
My SA stated that I should go for the leather steering casing column, but opted not to tell me that I wouldn't get it with the same silver stitching that the rest of my whole interior has. I was a bit pissed initially but didn't say anything...although now I'm not as bad as I have seen some glare from other drivers. Had I known that there was another option, I would probably still have spent the extra $170/200 for the color matched stitching there too. Something to be aware of with others - expand all the build menu items. I guess I didn't obsess as much as I should have on my build
Wait a second; just want to be sure I have this right. If I spec the leather/alcantera interior in black with silver contrast stitching, and then I add the leather steering column surround - that won't also have silver stitching in it? I've added the steering column and also the leather seat backs; and expect both to have silver contrast stitching in them - just like the configurator shows...

My lock day is tomorrow and I'm totally caught off-guard if this is the case, but seems to be some disagreement in the other replies here. Thanks.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:15 PM
Don Fitzpatrick
Advanced

Received 107 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by DreiPedals
Wait a second; just want to be sure I have this right. If I spec the leather/alcantera interior in black with silver contrast stitching, and then I add the leather steering column surround - that won't also have silver stitching in it? I've added the steering column and also the leather seat backs; and expect both to have silver contrast stitching in them - just like the configurator shows...

My lock day is tomorrow and I'm totally caught off-guard if this is the case, but seems to be some disagreement in the other replies here. Thanks.
My 2022 Spyder was specced with alcantara/silver stitching and adding the steering column cover put silver stitching on it as well. Confirmed when I got the car last week.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:36 PM
DreiPedals
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Fitzpatrick
My 2022 Spyder was specced with alcantara/silver stitching and adding the steering column cover put silver stitching on it as well. Confirmed when I got the car last week.
Appreciate the quick response here. I guess I'll leave well enough alone and if there's any issue when delivered I'll just point to the configurator and put on that Tucker Carlson face....

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2022, 01:36 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 778 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by LZRD GRN
Suncoast also has some nice Lizard Green pulls which are great!
or you can get them from Amazon for like $6 and do what @smegman did
Old 12-22-2022, 01:42 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Or you can have custom leather ones made (by Exclusive Option) as I did:

Quick Reply: If You're Considering Extended Deviated Stitching