Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Why did you pick the GTS over the GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 11:27 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by colnagoG60
Fair enough. But have you ever worn a nice pair of wool slacks on aged leather seats, and submarined the lap belt under only hard braking to avoid a crash? I have, during a shake down drive picking up a buddy's car. "For me", the added grip of Alcantara is welcomed "off track".

As far as the GT4/Spyder being punishing on daily roads, thankfully there are a number of aftermarket solutions to resolve those issues...kept me from selling mine after the first week, and now looking at installing stiffer springs for my "daily".

There are also cleaning products and methods to keep Alcantara looking fresh. Picked up my car with 30k miles on the clock and the shift **** looked like leather. I didn't even know it was Alcantara because the steering wheel was leather. After cleaning, the pile looks the same as the original wheel, which was re-installed at delivery, as the original owner swapped his at the beginning for leather. Car now at 41k, no change in appearance for wheel or shift ****.
People submarine a lap belt in the track going triple digit speeds when they run into a fixed object. I’ll go ahead and call you out on your hyperbolic claims. You didn’t slide under a standard seat belt on a shake down drive with a buddy. That’s false.

The leather in your BMW didn’t come apart after three years. Also false.

We get it. You like ultrasuede/alcantara/race-tex. Whatever. Enough spewing BS.
Old 03-26-2021, 12:41 AM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Received 1,285 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
People submarine a lap belt in the track going triple digit speeds when they run into a fixed object. I’ll go ahead and call you out on your hyperbolic claims. You didn’t slide under a standard seat belt on a shake down drive with a buddy. That’s false.

The leather in your BMW didn’t come apart after three years. Also false.

We get it. You like ultrasuede/alcantara/race-tex. Whatever. Enough spewing BS.
If you are going to go on a rant, get your counterpoints and quotes straight. I never mention a BMW.

If you don't believe my story, ok. But yes, there are certain conditions where Alcantara can be beneficial "off track"...my experience included.

Just because someone shares care tips and experiences about a product to provide awareness about solutions to common concerns, doesn't mean they believe one product is better than another.

Quick Reply: Why did you pick the GTS over the GT4?