Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 09:34 PM
popscotty
AutoX

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't get my BGTS until November and at about 4k miles and I'm on my 3rd set of autocross tires, my wife and I couldn't be happier. Perfect date night car as well. Hope everyone else is as pleased after the wait.
The following 2 users liked this post by popscotty:
fiorentm (07-25-2022), UncleDude (07-24-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 01:57 PM
fiorentm
Track Day

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Coming up on a year from when a lot of these got back on the road. Mine was delivered last August and it has been rock solid. I still don't have the 8 year warranty registered on the VIN though, going to follow up again with Porsche when I take it in for its first service in a few weeks. It has been nice having a car this summer LOL.
Thanks for the birthday notice Uncle Dude. 😊 I was glad that we had this group to lean on. My BGTS was delivered in mid October. I have a blast every time I take her out for a spin! I’ve had no issues but recently noticed a false TPMS message which appears a few minutes after I start her up and disappears within 5 minutes. I checked the pressure on the tires and they’re perfect. Just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue. Regarding the 8 year warranty, I never received a “certificate” but was assured by email by my dealer that the warranty extension is in my e-file / dossier. Keep us posted Uncle Dude. Appreciate the updates.
The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (07-25-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 09:52 PM
Clementine33
Instructor

Received 260 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by fiorentm
Thanks for the birthday notice Uncle Dude. 😊 I was glad that we had this group to lean on. My BGTS was delivered in mid October. I have a blast every time I take her out for a spin! I’ve had no issues but recently noticed a false TPMS message which appears a few minutes after I start her up and disappears within 5 minutes. I checked the pressure on the tires and they’re perfect. Just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue. Regarding the 8 year warranty, I never received a “certificate” but was assured by email by my dealer that the warranty extension is in my e-file / dossier. Keep us posted Uncle Dude. Appreciate the updates.
My 2021 Spyder does that more often than not when I first start it up. I bought it with 60 miles on it so I am pretty sure the previous owner did nothing to cause the sensor to act up. It’s always my back right tire that reads -4 or -6 psi, but when I check it with the pressure gauge it’s normal and exactly the same as the left rear tire. Go figure. I’m sure there’s a thread on here somewhere about TPMS.
Old 07-26-2022, 12:56 AM
fiorentm
Track Day

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Clementine33
My 2021 Spyder does that more often than not when I first start it up. I bought it with 60 miles on it so I am pretty sure the previous owner did nothing to cause the sensor to act up. It’s always my back right tire that reads -4 or -6 psi, but when I check it with the pressure gauge it’s normal and exactly the same as the left rear tire. Go figure. I’m sure there’s a thread on here somewhere about TPMS.
Thanks for sharing your experience. My BGTS has aprx 4.5K km (2.7K miles). I’ll have the Porsche tech look at it when I get the car serviced in a couple of months from now. In the meantime I’ll look for a TPMS thread. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 07-26-2022, 02:37 AM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 531 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Clementine33
My '21 Spyder is showing the same TPMS misbehavior in the past 2 weeks. It was built in September of '20.
Old 08-16-2022, 03:15 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,434 Likes on 2,226 Posts

I've had mine a year now and just did the first service. My extended warranty is now attached to the VIN, it is nice to see this complete. Last summer seems like a distant memory with all that is going on in the world, but this unlimited mileage warranty until 2029 is a nice lasting reward for our patience. I asked for this screen shot from the service department, and they were happy to oblige.

The following 8 users liked this post by UncleDude:
5Zigen (08-16-2022), AdamIsAdam (08-16-2022), johnycarrera (10-01-2022), P-car-Vancouver (08-16-2022), psuwcc112 (08-16-2022), TripleL (08-16-2022), Westcoast (08-16-2022), Z06jerry (08-16-2022) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-16-2022, 04:35 PM
Paiceyfan
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
I've had mine a year now and just did the first service. My extended warranty is now attached to the VIN, it is nice to see this complete. Last summer seems like a distant memory with all that is going on in the world, but this unlimited mileage warranty until 2029 is a nice lasting reward for our patience. I asked for this screen shot from the service department, and they were happy to oblige.
Mine's getting serviced on Sunday, so I will ask for the same...thanks. I have Maintenance Plus 2, as they messed up my order and that has been confirmed.
Old 10-01-2022, 04:41 PM
Suzqttro
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Paiceyfan
Mine's getting serviced on Sunday, so I will ask for the same...thanks. I have Maintenance Plus 2, as they messed up my order and that has been confirmed.

How do you get the information you have on your car? I want to make sure it’s on my VIN. Thanks in advance.
The following users liked this post:
johnycarrera (10-01-2022)
Old 10-01-2022, 10:06 PM
Paiceyfan
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzqttro
How do you get the information you have on your car? I want to make sure it’s on my VIN. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, they would not give me screenshots or paperwork...they wrote down details on my service receipt.
Old 01-28-2023, 03:54 PM
DrainsWalletsFast
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 180 Posts

Does having had this engine replacement and being in the affected VIN range affect resale values at all? Most of the cars I see for sale are not even 2021s but curious if this is a factor or if people take any hit reselling these. Or if it's actually a plus for some people to get that long engine warranty.
Old 01-28-2023, 04:58 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,434 Likes on 2,226 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBucketOfTruth
Does having had this engine replacement and being in the affected VIN range affect resale values at all? Most of the cars I see for sale are not even 2021s but curious if this is a factor or if people take any hit reselling these. Or if it's actually a plus for some people to get that long engine warranty.
Neutral IMO and IME. I got 10% over MSRP on my trade in (for a spyder) and the 2021 models seem to be priced and move the same as the others. Personally, I would not buy a car with the rod replacement (engine tear down) but would have no issues buying a car with the motor swap. If you’re buying, you might want to ask that question, then decide for yourself.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:53 PM
johnycarrera
Advanced

Received 172 Likes on 39 Posts

Hard to tell, given the choice I’d obviously have taken a perfect car to begin with, but will enjoy the really long free warranty and it was never my intention to flip it.

im at 10000 miles now with loads of track days and buzzing the soft limiter plenty so fairly sure it would’ve broken by now if it was going to.

thing is this is not like the 991.1 GT3 design flaw issue, this was just a part that was out of tolerance that’s now been replaced for the perfect part…..

any issues would be purely mental or a distrust that the parts had been torqued up properly

im no longer bothered with mine after repeated track days and it drives beautifully using zero oil and returns really good performance/ economy
Old 01-29-2023, 07:40 AM
confused66
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

Sucks to have to wait for your baby, but I'd like to think if I were in this situation, I'd be okay with an 8-year warranty, plus a $4k credit, plus a trip to a PEC as compensation. Yeah, it's a hassle to wait when we're an "immediate gratification" society, but seems they're making a good faith effort to make it right. I've always felt that P-car warranties (and amenities when compared to my wife's Honda) were too short and stingy, but I also feel like this would make the interminable waiting a bit easier to tolerate. And. as someone else mentioned, an extended P-car provided warranty (provided by the manufacturer) should make the car worth more if you decide to upgrade.

Last edited by confused66; 01-29-2023 at 07:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4