Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Just for fun... 2021 PDK GT4 OR 2021 Audi RWD R8

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2021 | 06:09 PM
vince993tt
Instructor

Originally Posted by baege
amazing...and I am pretty confident I will be very happy with the move. I've had 2 981 Cayman S's prior to the M2 comp and I miss the much more immediate throttle response (I always hated turbos which is why many moons ago I picked a z4 coupe 3.0 si over a 135i even though the latter was much faster, the n52 was a much more connected and direct experience than the elastic band response of the turbo engine in the 135i). I am clearly easily pleased when it comes to manual transmissions since while I remember the porsche 6mt is better, I find the one in my M2C to be enjoyable enough, but I am sure I will appreciate being back with a porsche 6mt. And yes I do miss all the other aspects of the more visceral porsche experience, including the sound. I will likely see how happy I am with the stock system and then go from there. I didn't even have sport exhaust on my 981 and still loved the sound. Does the akra system have any warranty implicatons?
I'm not certain about the differences between the Spyder and the GTS 4.0 when it comes to the shifter, but I assume that they aren't significant. In any case, in my opinion, there is a very substantial difference between the M2C and the Spyder gear shift feel and the clutch take up and feel. The Spyder is way ahead, and you'll certainly enjoy the upgrade. I'd agree with the many reviewers who have said the 982 GT4/Spyder have the best manual gearshift and clutch setup out there.

The exhaust question is a big topic, and you'll find many threads on it if interested. I'd suggest you read through them if you want to consider a change from the OEM system. My complaint, and that of many others, is that the sound quality was a big let down when compared with the 981 PSE system. The high pitched scream was gone, and the tone was not nearly as clear/distinct as was the 981. Also, the OEM valve operation is intrusive on the 982. I am very happy with my Akra link pipe and slip on system, particularly because it does not drone while giving me the kind of sound I expected. It was a huge improvement in my view. I did not replace the headers with the stock cats, and so I really don't expect any warranty issues. However, there are likely some different opinions on this. In any case, the OEM link pipes don't provide any emissions functionality in the US, and I've never experienced or heard about engine warranty issues related to cat back exhaust upgrades, so I'm not concerned.
The following users liked this post:
baege (03-23-2021)

Quick Reply: Just for fun... 2021 PDK GT4 OR 2021 Audi RWD R8