Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PASM on 718 GTS 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 08:11 PM
patdonahue
Pro

Received 403 Likes on 186 Posts

FWIW I opted for the 10MM raised (PASM) on my GTS and in 1000 miles I had 2 "scrunches" on the bottom of the spoiler. One coming out of a gas station and the other in a switchback turn near my house. My 2001 Boxster S and my wife's Miata RF are not affected at all on the switch back. I also noticed last week getting ready to detail the car that the spoiler has a few nicks on it probably from debris on the road. I live in a rural area with a lot of country roads and at this time of year small twigs and other stuff can be heard hitting the bottom of the car.
I am glad that I went with the 10MM raised option and double glad I got PPF installed on the front clip. One fellow here with a GT-4 sez he just about considers the front spoiler a wear item due to its height off the road....
Old 12-10-2021, 08:46 PM
lasaro7
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just finished reading this very helpful thread earlier today - before this last post - and decided on the SPASM for my new GTS. Your post is making me reconsider! I have a BMW m240 with a splitter on the front which is about 4” from the ground and while I have to be very careful with driveways and such I don’t typically have clearance issues driving the back roads. GTS clearance is about the same even with SPASM, I believe. So I wouldn’t expect issues but ….

Quick Reply: PASM on 718 GTS 4.0