Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

CarPlay - duh

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 09:31 AM
Poupon McArr
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by OttawaSteve
Yes, frequently. Sometimes it doesn't show up at all, leading me to think it was either the locked/unlocked issue or a poor connection
Mine hasn’t had the issue where I have to unlock, but I think as others have commented that piece can be solved by the setting here:

but I have just noticed that carplay comes up on the car at very random intervals. Not a huge problem, but definitely odd.

I’ve tried many different things like closing all my apps before connecting, having specific apps open, having phone unlocked when I plug in, unlocking right after I plug in. And none of these seem to impact the load time 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old 01-28-2021, 01:02 PM
Puggz
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by OttawaSteve
I picked up my CGTS 4.0 in early December and love it. This is my first vehicle with CarPlay and I am a fan; however I have been having intermittent problems with connection to the PCM. Finally figured it out this morning. You phone need to be unlocked for CarPlay to connect the PCM. I checked the documentation in Good to Know and it doesn't mention this. Maybe they figured it was too obvious. Anyhow, for any other dummies out there, it's a pretty simple fix.
Same issue in my wife's Merc..Drive's her nutz! Kind of annoying as Android auto doesn't really care once it's been paired and setup.

Quick Reply: CarPlay - duh