Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Spyder coloring question: PTS British Racing Green or GT Silver

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2020 | 09:22 AM
GusRandall
Instructor

I desperately wanted BRG for the CGTS4.0 I ordered but PTS is so expensive that I couldn't swing it without dropping other things that I wanted more. But if someone had shown me what a modern Porsche looks like in BRG, I probably would have made the hard choices because DAMN, I love how it looks. Thanks for posting the pic (and making me sad
Old 12-16-2020 | 01:25 PM
Dr.JDK
Instructor

Originally Posted by German_Saint 2.0
Speaking from experience I highly doubt you'll come across an available PTS build slot. There are too many things working against you imo. GT Silver is stunning and a bargain price as for years it was a $3k paint option and it sold well. You could get one with a classic spec rather quickly vs going off on a pts build.

In terms of PTS color that's an excellent choice- you have very good taste. If you find a slot might I suggest adding the CXX seats in tarpan brown leather (attached example)/ or bolder cognac w/ silver piping, silver stitching leather option and std $0 Silver wheels. As far as timeline that is a factor of production month and if the car doesn't have delays. I'd say end of 3rd qtr '21 almost a year.

Good luck!

Lovely suggestions of the colors for the seats. Well, I think black 18-way seats with yellow stitching also go well with BRG. At this moment, the car I build with pts options has already exceeding 130k. I would leave the cxx options to my next one : )
Old 12-16-2020 | 01:55 PM
German_Saint 2.0
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dr.JDK
Lovely suggestions of the colors for the seats. Well, I think black 18-way seats with yellow stitching also go well with BRG. At this moment, the car I build with pts options has already exceeding 130k. I would leave the cxx options to my next one : )
excellent choice! be sure to add leather seat backs! my .02 & your money!
Old 12-16-2020 | 02:02 PM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

​​​​​....It is so beautiful that both my fiancee and I think it justifies the 13k price tag...

She only agrees because you’re not married yet. Lock that order in fast! 😊
The following users liked this post:
Brainofjjj (12-16-2020)
Old 12-16-2020 | 02:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Yeah absolutely. At this moment we will jump on any ship that has a vacancy : ). I read your story about your PTS order being messed up and it turned out to be a PTS order later. Has that PTS allocation been spoken for?
I dont know, you would have to contact Terry Toledo @ Fremont Porsche, but I suspect that when I finally declined it back in Oct (when it was finally re-confirmed after his initial f$$k up) that he declined it and it went back into the factory pool to be allocated to someone other lucky soul...

BTW you *could* spec the GT Silver car then request PTS on that build ... the color only locks/changes when the PTS is accepted/confirmed by the factory. If PTS in denied then the order "falls back" to the std color option - only problem is the rest of the order ideally should remain unchanged (i.e interior options, wheels etc) and
steer clear of CXX options if possible, as those complicate the allocation, requiring not only a PTS allocation, but requiring that CXX production availability also...

Last edited by Larry Cable; 12-16-2020 at 02:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
wdr911 (12-16-2020)
Old 12-16-2020 | 09:24 PM
Dr.JDK
Instructor

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I dont know, you would have to contact Terry Toledo @ Fremont Porsche, but I suspect that when I finally declined it back in Oct (when it was finally re-confirmed after his initial f$$k up) that he declined it and it went back into the factory pool to be allocated to someone other lucky soul...

BTW you *could* spec the GT Silver car then request PTS on that build ... the color only locks/changes when the PTS is accepted/confirmed by the factory. If PTS in denied then the order "falls back" to the std color option - only problem is the rest of the order ideally should remain unchanged (i.e interior options, wheels etc) and
steer clear of CXX options if possible, as those complicate the allocation, requiring not only a PTS allocation, but requiring that CXX production availability also...
I saw an oak green metallic PTS spyder just arrived Fremont Porsche. Seems it hasn't been sold. Anyway, that Oak Green seems too dull under early morning lighting, despite the silver wheels.
Old 12-16-2020 | 09:28 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

I saw an oak green metallic PTS spyder just arrived Fremont Porsche. Seems it hasn't been sold. Anyway, that Oak Green seems too dull under early morning lighting, despite the silver wheels.
Sorry to derail the thread but I have to ask as I believe this is the first report of a US PTS GT4/Spyder. Do you remember if the XM Satellite radio wart on the rear hatch was PTS colored or black?
Old 12-16-2020 | 09:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

interesting - must be an earlier customer order than my (failed) PTS (since my PTS window was a Jan/Feb build) ...

BTW "JDK" (Java Development Kit)?
Old 12-16-2020 | 10:01 PM
Dr.JDK
Instructor

Cool

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
interesting - must be an earlier customer order than my (failed) PTS (since my PTS window was a Jan/Feb build) ...

BTW "JDK" (Java Development Kit)?
haha, it is a coincidence .
Old 12-16-2020 | 10:26 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by German_Saint 2.0
excellent choice! be sure to add leather seat backs! my .02 & your money!
For some Porsche reason, leather backs require 18-way seats that weigh a ton.
Old 12-16-2020 | 11:46 PM
Dr.JDK
Instructor

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Sorry to derail the thread but I have to ask as I believe this is the first report of a US PTS GT4/Spyder. Do you remember if the XM Satellite radio wart on the rear hatch was PTS colored or black?
Good catch. I looked at the pictures and I can confirm it is pts colored.
Old 12-16-2020 | 11:48 PM
Jim Rockford
Burning Brakes

Good catch. I looked at the pictures and I can confirm it is pts colored.
might we get to see the pictures?
Old 01-28-2021 | 12:18 PM
NM912E
Rennlist Member

Dr.JDK , Did you end up with a slot ?
Old 01-28-2021 | 01:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I thought I would hate that reading the description, but I have to say, that looks pretty epic.
+1
Old 01-28-2021 | 01:44 PM
whojoemama
Rennlist Member

GT silver with that classic interior package is really stunning. I actually love the interior the most, but I don't think it will go well with the British Racing Green. If we couldn't get a PTS, then we just need to convince ourselves gt silver with a red roof and interior is a better combo.
if there is a cocoa leather option similar to heritage interior....wow

Quick Reply: Spyder coloring question: PTS British Racing Green or GT Silver