Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Car Play Display

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2020 | 05:05 PM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mercuriell
I run Waze on main screen via CarPlay for navigation and possible hazards and a magnified NAV on the right dashboard screen when running backroads to give an indication of upcoming junctions and tightness of blind bends
Would you mind posting a picture of how you have this set up? I am having difficulty determining just how you set this up. It sounds great. Thanks
Old 11-09-2020 | 06:12 PM
Haros
Rennlist Member

Porsche support for, what’s now old and standard tech is embarrassing.

Mazda upgraded my old 2015 Mazda commuter with Apple CarPlay and Android auto for $400 last year. That’s incredible service and commitment to a product. Especially an old one long ago purchased.

My new $120k MY2021 is the first year Apple CarPlay is standard. Even still, it’s the old wired version and not yet Android auto.
I would consider this basic creature comforts in place of the old CD player format. I mean where do you even buy CDs anymore?

Oh well I guess! Did the 992 finally forgo the CD player? I’m pretty sure Android auto still isn’t a thing.
Old 11-09-2020 | 06:49 PM
OttawaSteve
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Haros
Porsche support for, what’s now old and standard tech is embarrassing.

Mazda upgraded my old 2015 Mazda commuter with Apple CarPlay and Android auto for $400 last year. That’s incredible service and commitment to a product. Especially an old one long ago purchased.

My new $120k MY2021 is the first year Apple CarPlay is standard. Even still, it’s the old wired version and not yet Android auto.
I would consider this basic creature comforts in place of the old CD player format. I mean where do you even buy CDs anymore?

Oh well I guess! Did the 992 finally forgo the CD player? I’m pretty sure Android auto still isn’t a thing.
And won't be, until Google backs off on their demand for access to engine data to supply Auto. They have no need of the data, they just want to see how Porsche does things. Apple only wants to know if the car is moving.

Quick Reply: Car Play Display