Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

has anyone changed the Spyder (silver) steering wheel inserts???

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 06:11 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 727 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
I was looking into this before I got my Spyder. This Mod requires removing the airbag and steering wheel.
WTF? For real? There is no way I'm dealing with all of that to change the stupid trim. Thought it was just some screws.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:16 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911
WTF? For real? There is no way I'm dealing with all of that to change the stupid trim. Thought it was just some screws.
I looked at the black bits as well, but you know, I don't really even notice the silver anymore, and when I found out you had to take the steering wheel apart to change them I simply stopped thinking about them!
The following users liked this post:
n4v4nod (11-02-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 06:18 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyim
If you do CF, you can go with db carbon (no affiliation)
All of the DB Carbon stuff looks great, I just can't stomach the exchange from the Canadian Peso when it comes to paying for it...
Old 11-02-2020, 06:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
I looked at the black bits as well, but you know, I don't really even notice the silver anymore, and when I found out you had to take the steering wheel apart to change them I simply stopped thinking about them!
I'm OCD!

All of the DB Carbon stuff looks great, I just can't stomach the exchange from the Canadian Peso when it comes to paying for it...
+1!
Old 11-02-2020, 11:41 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,720 Likes on 943 Posts

Yup... me too!
Old 11-03-2020, 12:56 PM
markoware
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I'm OCD!
This is why I had to do leather backrest shells on my GTS...everything has to match. If the backrest matched the other silver trim it might have been okay.

The silver dash trim in my 991.1 drove me nuts until I swapped the wheel to a Macan wheel with the silver spokes (main part silver, center trim/MF black, reverse of the 718 wheel). The silver on the wheel really tied the room together (to quote a movie) and the dash trim quit looking out of place to me. I still think I might do the trim swap on my GTS just to make it unique...definitely would do it if I'd gone with a Spyder. Pulling the wheel and disassembling everything isn't really hard, just tedious.

Quick Reply: has anyone changed the Spyder (silver) steering wheel inserts???