Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

i am in

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2020 | 09:47 PM
Poupon McArr
Racer

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Do you know when your allocation was due to be assembled (this is available to your SA on the internal order system)?

Miami Blue is being withdrawn from the color palette, but I believe it is available for ordering/production into December, as an example my allocation is fixed (V250) on 10/16 and enters production 10/30 and it is Miami Blue....

Does the fact that yours went V200 already mean you’re safe with MB? Or that it locks in October which is before the November cutoff?

Kept hearing about November cutoff but not exactly sure what that means as it’s vague. Which status by November? And is it November 1? End of nov? So many questions....
Old 10-13-2020 | 09:54 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Poupon McArr
Does the fact that yours went V200 already mean you’re safe with MB? Or that it locks in October which is before the November cutoff?

Kept hearing about November cutoff but not exactly sure what that means as it’s vague. Which status by November? And is it November 1? End of nov? So many questions....
Allocation (build) must be prior to 4 Dec according to my SA.
Old 10-13-2020 | 09:57 PM
Poupon McArr
Racer

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Then shouldn’t OPs November build have been safe?
Old 10-13-2020 | 10:04 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

My information was of late August. After I locked my September RY build I stopped tracking MB availability. Lots of threads stating end date of MB. Believe someone on this thread already on a Nov MB build.

Why the interest, you looking for MB Spyder?
Old 10-13-2020 | 11:18 PM
Poupon McArr
Racer

My information was of late August. After I locked my September RY build I stopped tracking MB availability. Lots of threads stating end date of MB. Believe someone on this thread already on a Nov MB build.

Why the interest, you looking for MB Spyder?
sorry what is RY? And I have a build in for a MB GT4 that was supposed to have locked, V250, a few days ago (need to check in again with SA as I told him my options were good to go a while back). Just hoping it goes through
Old 10-13-2020 | 11:23 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

sorry what is RY? And I have a build in for a MB GT4 that was supposed to have locked, V250, a few days ago (need to check in again with SA as I told him my options were good to go a while back). Just hoping it goes through
Nice! It was my backup color; RY Racing Yellow
Old 10-14-2020 | 12:55 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

that was my understanding also...

yes!

No, until your build goes V250 all bets are off AFIAK, V250 means that the factory has accepted the order and no further changes can be made as it is now scheduled in the production systems
and JIT manufacturing etc...

Old 10-14-2020 | 01:01 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by space man
i am just home sitting down to eat it 15 minutes ago. It is my Porsche salesman saying my order was getting closed for build and that Miami Blue is now NOT AVAILBLE! is this possible? i did a google search found nothing and MB it is still up on order guide. if it is true it is Green ,yellow or the blue??? The salesman was leaving for an appointment and will call me in am. i am bewildered. Also thank you all for your welcoming comments.
So do you have a screen shot or printout of your order like the one I posted?

Also, your SA should have given you a copy of the order he submitted on your behalf in order for you to check it... if he did not do this then ... well I have a low opinion of Porsche SA's ...

why when he submitted the order to PAG the color was not flagged then is an issue IMO
Old 10-14-2020 | 09:47 AM
space man
Instructor

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
So do you have a screen shot or printout of your order like the one I posted?

Also, your SA should have given you a copy of the order he submitted on your behalf in order for you to check it... if he did not do this then ... well I have a low opinion of Porsche SA's ...

why when he submitted the order to PAG the color was not flagged then is an issue IMO
i dont i am going to call him this am and find out what is going on more news hopefully by the end of day has anyone seen python green in person?
Old 10-14-2020 | 10:26 AM
space man
Instructor

Default decision / new color

I have a call into the SP at west palm beach dealership. For a 15 year guy he blew it. i will try to find a MB with a PDK but chances slim and i don't want to blow my build window which may close today? it is either race yellow or python green i know it is subjective but has anyone one seen these in person? When i saw MB in person in closed the deal pictures did not do it justice. i got to work today and try to get this figured out. I have had to yellow cars. I always loved British racing green but python looks rather flat but different and sort of interrresting
Old 10-14-2020 | 11:04 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

I have a call into the SP at west palm beach dealership. For a 15 year guy he blew it. i will try to find a MB with a PDK but chances slim and i don't want to blow my build window which may close today? it is either race yellow or python green i know it is subjective but has anyone one seen these in person? When i saw MB in person in closed the deal pictures did not do it justice. i got to work today and try to get this figured out. I have had to yellow cars. I always loved British racing green but python looks rather flat but different and sort of interrresting
Don't blow your build window. Just go with Python. Personally, I prefer it vs MB by a lot. Everyone ordering it is taking some risk but pics and real life reports look promising. If you haven't checked them out. here's are some thread about it:

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...er-thread.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...en-spyder.html
Old 10-14-2020 | 11:20 AM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Me and my wife did not like python green at all when we saw it
Old 10-14-2020 | 11:25 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

there are a few MB cars out there ... but I doubt there are any PDK cars ... maybe some in transit but they will be hard to locate
Old 10-14-2020 | 11:31 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smegman
Me and my wife did not like python green at all when we saw it
Do you like any other green?
Old 10-14-2020 | 09:41 PM
space man
Instructor

Default deal done

I could not find a MB car close to my spec at all. According to my SP there where no build slots to trade. So as much as i wanted something different Python Green i just could not do it with out seeing one in person. No dealers around me had one and the pictures on the web where just so different and i looked at the same pictures on 7 different devices it just was not happening in my brain. So i went safe but flashy with the color choices available. Racing Yellow same spec pretty much Black wheels, leather with yellow stitching, pdk,18way bucket, heated seats, logo high gloss, door handle high gloss, black calipers high gloss, luggage net, fire extinguisher, smoking package, led pdls, light design, folding mirrors, auto dimming light rain sensor, bose, apple play, interior trim painted, yellow seat belts, floor mats. i know it seems a bit over the top. my gts viper was yellow and so was my M-3 so i am hard wired in that direction plus it Racing Yellow. Thanks all for comments. I probably will not be posting much as i will not have much to offer but i am still playing with cars and will post pictures when the car gets here. Stay safe the craziness in the world will end soon keep the faith.
The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (10-15-2020)

Quick Reply: i am in