Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 spyder torsional noises

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 01:48 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,719 Likes on 2,111 Posts

To answer the OP’s original question, no I don’t hear any torsional noises, but then I don’t put it under large loads.

2021 Spyder.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:41 PM
Dr.JDK
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Dare I ask what kind of powder that is applied in strips... ???
hahaha, good point. I try to find baby powder but don't have it at home. I did try to go over a parking ramp with windows down just half an inch. The noise did go out.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:07 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Brick
If it’s like a spring noise I had it identical on my Gt3 and it’s normals...it’s the spring twisting in the damper assembly
Does anybody have a video or a link to someone's video so that I (we) can hear what this "normal" sound is like? I've heard some "clanging and banging" noises specifically when the front wheels are at extreme angles from each other. Example would be turning right at an intersection where the road dips and then rises again, I heard a clang/bang. The left wheel loaded as I was turning right and with the road dipping away, the right wheel unloaded but then as the road rises back again and the right wheel compressed back up, I heard a clang/bang. Caught me off guard and kind of scared me. Checked visually what I could and everything seemed ok and drove and no more noises but I heard it twice more on different drives. I remember reading a long time ago about these GT suspension making these noises so I just figured that what it was.

I'll keep an eye on it and if it becomes more frequent or more severe, I'm going to bring it in for sure.

Quick Reply: 718 spyder torsional noises