Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Lwb booster seat, which one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 09:50 PM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by NCheok

Compliments of Izzone, this is the Porsche branded Junior Plus G2 G3 Seat.

I'm trying to find out if this (newer, different version) will fit our LWBs.
That newer Porsche Junior Seat i-Seat looks great. Please let me know how it turns out. I hope it fits!
Old 02-06-2022, 02:06 AM
gesmith55
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rxpert
Just found this thread.

I’m currently booster seat shopping for LWBS, but don’t have the car yet. When people mention booster seats not fitting the LWBS, what exactly doesn’t fit? Is it the base being too wide? If so, how wide of a booster seat can fit the LWBS

I’m interested specifically in the Diono Monterey XT. Do any of you think this seat would fit or not?
It’s primarily the base width that’s the problem. The LWBs narrow a lot towards the rear. I really wanted to take my daughter with me in the car and tried/researched multiple options. Even tried to find the current Volvo branded one mentioned earlier, it’s $$$ and unobtanium.

After searching Rennlist, I found one mention of Maxi-Cosi Rodifix, and took a shot since it’s way cheaper than the Porsche options, which some people say the newer ones don’t even fit.

The Maxi-Cosi fits, it’s tight cuz of the latch anchor buttons on the side but I can confirm it does fit. Airbag light shows not active with 40# child in it.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:22 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,801 Likes on 876 Posts

I ordered one of those inflatable ones. We just bought a new XC90 last year as the family car and bought the booster seat to go with it. If it fits, that's an easy transfer from one car to the other.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:21 PM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NCheok

Compliments of Izzone, this is the Porsche branded Junior Plus G2 G3 Seat.

I'm trying to find out if this (newer, different version) will fit our LWBs.
Just wondering if you had a chance to try the newer Porsche Junior i-Seat and if it fit or not?
Old 03-09-2022, 07:26 PM
Car Crazy
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm not sure if it is the same seat but I googled "volvo booster seat" and found something which looks like the picture posted above available at many different stores.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:05 AM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

After taking my car to the local kids store & trying most of the boosters in person I found another readily available booster seat that fits the LWBS:

Diono Monterey 5iST

https://store.diono.ca/monterey-5ist-fixsafe/

The only fitment issue is when the booster is expanded to its larger sizes. Since the sides also expand it pushes the booster forward a bit so it’s not flat against the seat backs. The salesperson at the store said I could just stick a rolled up towel or two behind the booster if needed to resolve this issue. Since my little guy is only 4, I still have years of use before I’ll need to fully expand the booster.

For small kids when the booster is collapsed it fits like a glove.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by Rxpert; 05-01-2022 at 12:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Super Stroby (05-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 12:53 AM
Shanh81
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Rxpert
After taking my car to the local kids store & trying most of the boosters in person I found another readily available booster seat that fits the LWBS:

Diono Monterey 5iST

https://store.diono.ca/monterey-5ist-fixsafe/

The only fitment issue is when the booster is expanded to its larger sizes. Since the sides also expand it pushes the booster forward a bit so it’s not flat against the seat backs. The salesperson at the store said I could just stick a rolled up towel or two behind the booster if needed to resolve this issue. Since my little guy is only 4, I still have years of use before I’ll need to fully expand the booster.

For small kids when the booster is collapsed it fits like a glove.

Hope this helps someone.
can you add some pictures of fitment? I haven't taken my son in the GT4 whose 4. I have the Pico Wayb previously used in the backseat of my 911 but not sure if safe with kid in front seat
Old 06-23-2024, 03:00 PM
CaptainFin
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Bumping this one back up. Is anyone else able to weigh in on what booster seat they're using (prefer one with a high back) in the LWBS?

Last edited by CaptainFin; 06-23-2024 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-23-2024, 03:21 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainFin
Bumping this one back up. Is anyone else able to weigh in on what booster seat their using (prefer one with a high back) in the LWBS?
I use these for my 4 year old:

https://a.co/d/0bTU1Erh

with

https://a.co/d/0dp48wGO

MrFunk (06-24-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 04:00 PM
CaptainFin
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks but looking for something with good side support as well. Something along the lines of the Porsche Junior Child Seat or the Diono Monterey 5iST. Not sure yet if the Junior Child Seat is LWBS compatible and only downside to the Dino is apparently that it won't once it's expanded.

Last edited by CaptainFin; 06-23-2024 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-23-2024, 04:34 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainFin
Bumping this one back up. Is anyone else able to weigh in on what booster seat they're using (prefer one with a high back) in the LWBS?
Diono Radian 3R fits perfectly, better than even the Costco backless booster seat. Note the Diono backless booster does NOT fit.

Last edited by GoodRevrnd; 06-23-2024 at 11:38 PM.
n4v4nod (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 10:55 PM
rooster17
Pro

Received 595 Likes on 235 Posts

It’s not what you’re looking for but I have one I used for a while with LWBS. Inflatable, nothing crazy. Pretty much was just to get the little one higher up so the seat belt sit in the right place. It’s yours or anyone else’s that wants it. Free. Just pay shipping or meet me if you’re in central Texas. It’s just sitting in my garage at this point. Good luck with your search.
Old 06-24-2024, 03:20 AM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 99 Posts

Doesn't have the side support you're looking for, but my 3 year old loved riding in the wayb pico. The airbag light would remain off too.
Downside is when he would sleep, the head would flop forwards a bit, but that was super rare.

Edit: what gave me comfort with the seat belt installation is when the seatbelt retractor is locked, the seatbelt won't extend anymore until it was fully retracted, unlike some other cars where it would only retract in sudden pulls/tugs.

Last edited by CurryPuff; 06-24-2024 at 03:24 AM.
Old 06-24-2024, 10:44 AM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 826 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
I use these for my 4 year old:

https://a.co/d/0bTU1Erh

with

https://a.co/d/0dp48wGO
THANK YOU for sharing this. This is perfect. And will work great for traveling too!
n4v4nod (06-24-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 11:06 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by CurryPuff
Doesn't have the side support you're looking for, but my 3 year old loved riding in the wayb pico. The airbag light would remain off too.
Downside is when he would sleep, the head would flop forwards a bit, but that was super rare.

Edit: what gave me comfort with the seat belt installation is when the seatbelt retractor is locked, the seatbelt won't extend anymore until it was fully retracted, unlike some other cars where it would only retract in sudden pulls/tugs.
We also have a Pico... we use it for our Sprinter Camper Van. Love it... We had the same sleep issue... we ended up buying a travel neck pillow to prevent. Our son complained about sitting so low in the Spyder and not being able to see anything. On the Sprinter that is a non-issue. Pico is great otherwise... extremely well made.

Quick Reply: Lwb booster seat, which one?