Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Light Weight Battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 11:30 PM
wcw67
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm interested.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:05 AM
lovetoturn
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,128 Likes on 557 Posts

Plug and Play.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:53 AM
Snowy999
Rennlist Member

Received 219 Likes on 136 Posts

I was one of the affected GT4s. The AntiGravity product is excellent, price, quality and the whole product idea. But the the best part was that when the battery didn't suit my specific GT4 they took it back no questions asked. We never got tot he bottom of the issue, it may be the earlier BMS or just related to my car being an early build but I have read that others are running the updated AG battery in the 718 GT4/Spyders without issue (and, I suspect, without needing to recode via PIWIS which you should do with a Braille as they were set up by AG to behave like AGM batteries). Whilst I am disappointed not to be running the AG product I wanted to call them out again for GREAT SERVICE and innovation and standing by their product. It is such a great product idea, particularly for Porsches where you need a 12v battery to open the frunk if you accidentally let you battery go flat.

Great weight saving, if this works for the new GT4s/Spyders, lucky all of you! If I ever change my car I will be fitting one.

How about a Group Buy?
Old 08-28-2020, 12:42 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,046 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by JPMD
Thank you
Which battery do you recommend for 718 Spyder and is there any programming or plug in & go
None at all is the expectation we generally set for these applications, as I think someone mentioned after your inquiry..this should be direct plug and play. As Scott mentioned the intent was always to be able to drop these right in and go and we've made some mods to the BMS to make the battery even more flexible in that regard. I also believe we'll be having a sale coming up next weekend for Labor Day but please feel free to email me directly if you're looking to get sooner and I'd be happy to see what we can do for you.
Best regards,
Chad
chad@antigravitybatteries.com
Old 08-28-2020, 01:11 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
None at all is the expectation we generally set for these applications, as I think someone mentioned after your inquiry..this should be direct plug and play. As Scott mentioned the intent was always to be able to drop these right in and go and we've made some mods to the BMS to make the battery even more flexible in that regard. I also believe we'll be having a sale coming up next weekend for Labor Day but please feel free to email me directly if you're looking to get sooner and I'd be happy to see what we can do for you.
Best regards,
Chad
Thanks Chad which of the AntiGravity batteries specific model and amps is a plug and play for 718 Spyder that will see daily duties

Old 08-28-2020, 01:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Thanks Chad which of the AntiGravity batteries specific model and amps is a plug and play for 718 Spyder that will see daily duties
I *think* its the H7 40amp/hr
Old 08-28-2020, 01:21 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Pretty much any modern variation of a 911 is slotted for the H6, H7, and H8 sizes and secured by an adjustable mounting cleat. You primarily see this as the construct for lead/acid has to get larger in order to increase cranking and capacity. As lithium is a smaller construct we're not limited in the same manner so you can get different capacity sizes all in the same housing. For the Spyder I would likely lean towards a 40Ah capacity and most will just opt for the H6 size as it will drop right in and is easily workable. If the car sits for longer duration's or if you have or are planning to add some additional electronic accessories it might also be worth considering going up to the 60Ah options.
Best regards,
Chad
Old 08-28-2020, 01:27 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 71 Posts

Ty
Old 08-28-2020, 01:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Pretty much any modern variation of a 911 is slotted for the H6, H7, and H8 sizes and secured by an adjustable mounting cleat. You primarily see this as the construct for lead/acid has to get larger in order to increase cranking and capacity. As lithium is a smaller construct we're not limited in the same manner so you can get different capacity sizes all in the same housing. For the Spyder I would likely lean towards a 40Ah capacity and most will just opt for the H6 size as it will drop right in and is easily workable. If the car sits for longer duration's or if you have or are planning to add some additional electronic accessories it might also be worth considering going up to the 60Ah options.
Best regards,
Chad
are the physical dimensions of the battery itself the only difference between H6,7,&8?
Old 08-28-2020, 01:47 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
are the physical dimensions of the battery itself the only difference between H6,7,&8?
For our batteries, correct for the most part, height and width(depth) are all the same but they just get longer in length consecutively....there are some capacity option variations as well, meaning, the H6 comes in 24, 30, 40, and 60 Ah options while the H7 currently only has 40 and 60 options and the H8 only comes in a 60Ah option.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:04 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

For our batteries, correct for the most part, height and width(depth) are all the same but they just get longer in length consecutively....there are some capacity option variations as well, meaning, the H6 comes in 24, 30, 40, and 60 Ah options while the H7 currently only has 40 and 60 options and the H8 only comes in a 60Ah option.
Thanks! putting my H6 into my GT3 at the weekend!
Old 08-28-2020, 05:11 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

As I mentioned earlier as well, we will be having a sale coming up over Labor Day weekend and we would be happy to extend the time frame for a couple of weeks for those you of that are considering in light of an alternative to a group buy. For those of you that are interested we also have a very informative video we posted recently in regards to the automotive battery to help better understand lithium and provide a little education. As always, feel free to reach out to us directly with any questions you might have.
-Chad

The following users liked this post:
mc3456 (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 05:30 PM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Received 448 Likes on 265 Posts

Hi Chad,
I noticed the SKU: AG-H6-60-RS battery for a 991.2 C4S is currently on backorder. How would you handle that situation during the Labor Day sale and how long will it be before they are back in stock? Also, what is anticipated sale discount? Trying to decide if it worth getting one or just stick with my OEM battery. Thx!
Old 08-30-2020, 01:20 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Snowy999
I was one of the affected GT4s. The AntiGravity product is excellent, price, quality and the whole product idea. But the the best part was that when the battery didn't suit my specific GT4 they took it back no questions asked. We never got tot he bottom of the issue, it may be the earlier BMS or just related to my car being an early build but I have read that others are running the updated AG battery in the 718 GT4/Spyders without issue (and, I suspect, without needing to recode via PIWIS which you should do with a Braille as they were set up by AG to behave like AGM batteries). Whilst I am disappointed not to be running the AG product I wanted to call them out again for GREAT SERVICE and innovation and standing by their product. It is such a great product idea, particularly for Porsches where you need a 12v battery to open the frunk if you accidentally let you battery go flat.

Great weight saving, if this works for the new GT4s/Spyders, lucky all of you! If I ever change my car I will be fitting one.

How about a Group Buy?
Hi Snowy, thanks for the input on this thread and props. We appreciate it, and will always try to satisfy anybody who goes with us.
-Scott
Old 08-30-2020, 01:44 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mc3456
Hi Chad,
I noticed the SKU: AG-H6-60-RS battery for a 991.2 C4S is currently on backorder. How would you handle that situation during the Labor Day sale and how long will it be before they are back in stock? Also, what is anticipated sale discount? Trying to decide if it worth getting one or just stick with my OEM battery. Thx!
Hi MC, I don't think our Website has been updated, I know we recieved another shipment about 5 days ago and that is all Amp Hour Options in the H6 are usually in stock because the H6 size is used by so many different models of Cars. Its actually the most sold size by a way for that reason. So we are usually always way ahead in inventory on that item. So I emailed our staff to double check but I show many should be in stock.

NOw if there was a situation where anything was on back order we could do a few things to handle (but again I don't think we are back ordered on the H6-60 personally).
1- In the event we were out of stock on something, we would not run the transaction but would carry over the sales discount on the product for you, and when they came in notify you.

2- Also in regards to sizing..... As Chad mentioned above the H-Series of Batteries such as the H5, H6, H7, H8 are all the exact same Height and Width and only vary in length with each H size being 1.5" inches longer. than the previous version.. It's a very standardized Battery size and they have mounting cleats on the bottom of the batteries and that is how they mount in the car. . So any of the Porsches can opt for the H6, H7, or H8 size and they all fit... But also... we carry what is called the "T6" size, and the T6 is EXACTLY The same as the H6, but about 5/8" inch LOWER/SHORTER, but has the exact same WIDTH and LENGTH as the H6. So it is also a drop-in fit and is only a tad shorter than the H6. But note that the internals of the Batteries are EXACTLY the same as the H6 model battery.... so there is no difference except for the physical height of the battery. So we also carry that model. It is used in Ferrari and a few other brands that have a little tighter battery area than the Porsche.

Anyway I did write to the webperson to make sure they are updating our stock on the site since I know we should have a good few of the H6 60Ah models in stock. I will hard confirm on Monday.

Quick Reply: Light Weight Battery