Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 07:27 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
As of today
awesome. Were you able to get pictures of your vehicle ?
Old 07-13-2022, 07:30 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 777 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Oh wow. Looks very nice. Did you sell your other Spyder or is this going to be in addition to the Viola Spyder?
Will join the viola and riviera spiders in the garage.
Old 07-13-2022, 07:40 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Wait, you have a Riviera Blue Spyder too? Why are you not sharing pictures of this trio?
The following users liked this post:
CatVaux (07-14-2022)
Old 07-13-2022, 07:50 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Bogarting the Spyders, eh?
Old 07-14-2022, 01:15 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Wait, you have a Riviera Blue Spyder too? Why are you not sharing pictures of this trio?
The riv is a 981. It’s old news around here.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:59 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
awesome. Were you able to get pictures of your vehicle ?
no pics

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 07-14-2022 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-14-2022, 10:09 AM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 1,114 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by the_rider
Here is my contribution to this thread, finally! Thanks, @halfmonkey for maintaining these lists.

1. screen name: the_rider
2. GT4/Spyder/Cayman or Boxster GTS 4.0/25th Anniversary/GT4 RS: Spyder
3. color: Bahama Yellow
4. interior stitching/color: Black
5. roof top color: Black
6. PCCB/standard brakes: Standard
7. caliper color: Red
8. wheel color: Pearl Gray Center, Polished Outer (Forgeline)
9. LWBS/18/14/2 way seats: 2 way
10. 6MT/PDK: MT
11. suspension/con rod recall: No
12. repair/new engine/walked away/reordered: No
13. CXX options: No
14. modifications: Few
15. Porsche build code: (this was bit messy)
16. V status/expected delivery date/date delivered: 10/22
17. Build month: 09/22
Awesome - I love Bahama Yellow!! I can't wait to see this one...
Old 07-21-2022, 02:29 AM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
...........- and the color was Sapphire blue. Which was a stock color of course a few years ago on both 911’s and the Panamera. My wife also thought it was a great blue color.
............ My wife was listening to the call and said she wanted the color- and oddly was not deterred by the $11,500 additional charge. Sort of annoying to pay that much for a color that was only around $3,000 upcharge just a few years ago.
..........I did see an article that was gathering voting on favorite Porsche colors and this Sapphire blue was the top voted color for a blue metallic.
@Targa32 : I understand the hurdle of choosing the PTS option for a color that was just a regular option recently. Still, I suspect making your wife happy could be worth! Sapphire Blue is a beautiful color indeed! Don't mean to rub it in:

Originally Posted by IL_Pete
Awesome - I love Bahama Yellow!! I can't wait to see this one...
Thanks, @IL_Pete . It's a leap of faith! Haven't seen the color in person. Looked through a ton of pictures and fell in love! Holding my breadth for that very first sight in flesh! Hopefully, it'll be a happy ending, unlike the mismatch between most online dating profiles' pictures and meeting that person in flesh; and, the resulting, "wait, is she that same person in those pictures??"!!

IL_Pete (09-06-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 10:10 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I agree with your comments on Sapphire metallic blue.
The other color I liked was Riviera blue - not to dark like night blue or Gentian blue but with more depth than say gulf blue or even shark blue. And on a Panamera I think a metallic color suits this large vehicle better than a solid color. Also Riviera blue on a luxury sedan with a chalk interior would make the car less attractive on resale to a lot of men. But sapphire blue is popular with men and gals.

Old 07-21-2022, 10:16 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

One question that my SA didn’t have the answer too was - are the pts colors shown on the configurators for each model - the only PTS colors available? My SA said he believed any other pts color not on the configurator would require an additional $12,000 on top of the $11,000 PTS normal fee. I was interested in eventually ordering a 911 in a 1970 era color named Signal Orange which he claims is not available because it is not shown as an available color on the configurator.
Old 07-21-2022, 01:37 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

The riv is a 981. It’s old news around here.
Wait, did you sell your car and was this it?

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...ster-spyder-2/
Old 07-21-2022, 04:45 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

One question that my SA didn’t have the answer too was - are the pts colors shown on the configurators for each model - the only PTS colors available? ..........
What you see in the Configurator are approved colors. The 'Color to Sample' option (on top of PTS) will allow you to send "any" color sample to Porsche. They will review for feasibility. If approved, you get that color; and, the 'Color to Sample' charge applies. If denied, you won't have to pay CTS charge. The process could take 6-9 months, in addition to PTS. A lot of things, such as PTS window, production schedule, dealer's allocation, etc., would need to align.

Love Signal Orange!
Old 07-21-2022, 05:52 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

When I was at the Los Angeles Experience CEnter they have a wall with a large number of small car models with their PTS color name on the back of each one. I thought that all of these are colors that could be selected as a PTS color without paying the additional $12,000 for a color study and approval. IF Porsche has a color on that wall I would assume it has gone through the testing process and has been used before. See the attached photo for example of a nice looking blue metallic that is on that wall but the SA says to select that color-- even though it does have a code already --it has to be approved and the additional $12,000 fee would be charged.

I called my friend that works at PECLA and he said as far as he knew these colors on their wall were all available for selection as a PTS color.

This also opens the question as to whether once someone pays the $12,000 to have a custom color approved along with the normal PTS fee of $11,000 and change-- does that new approved color become available to any customer or does it become the sole property if you will - of the customer that paid that extra fee to have it approved?
Attached Images    
Old 07-21-2022, 08:01 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

When I was at the Los Angeles Experience CEnter they have a wall with a large number of small car models with their PTS color name on the back of each one. I thought that all of these are colors that could be selected as a PTS color without paying the additional $12,000 for a color study and approval. IF Porsche has a color on that wall I would assume it has gone through the testing process and has been used before. See the attached photo for example of a nice looking blue metallic that is on that wall but the SA says to select that color-- even though it does have a code already --it has to be approved and the additional $12,000 fee would be charged.

I called my friend that works at PECLA and he said as far as he knew these colors on their wall were all available for selection as a PTS color.

This also opens the question as to whether once someone pays the $12,000 to have a custom color approved along with the normal PTS fee of $11,000 and change-- does that new approved color become available to any customer or does it become the sole property if you will - of the customer that paid that extra fee to have it approved?
So in my short experience with Porsche PTS, this is what I have learned. There are a lot of PTS colors that Porsche has allowed in the past, some of which are on the wall that you speak of at PECLA. MY21 and prior, you could only select PTS colors that were "allowed" as designated on a secret list that wasn't supposed to be shared with the public. In essence, you had to pick a PTS color and ask if PAG would produce your car in that color and then wait for their answer. For MY22 and later, PAG revamped the PTS system and instead of making it this secret menu item, they basically added it to the build configurator and showed the available PTS colors for the particular model car you're building.

With the revamp, the terms are PTS and PTS Plus. Paint to Sample is kind of a misnomer because Paint to Sample isn't really sampling anything. It used to be called Custom Color or Custom Paint in prior years on the configurator and it's basically paying a larger uncharge for off menu colors. It's basically the $12,830 that is available to select on the configurator. When you select Paint to Sample in the configurator, you'll see a pop up window come up. Within the pop up window, you see an additional option to select Paint to Sample Plus which is an ADDITIONAL $19,500 to the $12,830. PTS Plus is truly the paint to sample custom color where you bring your wife's favorite shoe for example and ask PAG to match the color. If they do, I don't know if you have exclusive rights to the color. I believe with Ferrari, if you go this route, you can name the color and I believe it's reserved for you.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 07-21-2022 at 08:02 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
Lrobe22 (10-26-2022), Odin (07-29-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 08:39 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Wait, did you sell your car and was this it?

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...ster-spyder-2/
I actually talked to that guy. I bought my riv from member sansan and thought it was the only one in the world. I told him he’d regret selling it.

Mine is a keeper and will likely go to Deman this winter.

Patiently waiting for my return to Florida.

Last edited by Jamie140; 07-22-2022 at 05:42 AM.
halfmonkey (07-22-2022)

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order