Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New 718 GT4 at Barber Motorsports Park at Porsche Driving School Masters Course

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 12:50 AM
CarmineGT3
Advanced

Received 175 Likes on 33 Posts
Default New 718 GT4 at Barber Motorsports Park at Porsche Driving School Masters Course

Attended the Master Course at the Porsche Driving School at Barber last weekend and had an absolute blast. Was thrilled they already had several GT4s as a part of the course available for open lapping. Although the car I was most blown away by during the program was the Taycan Turbo S (the acceleration is thrilling and nothing else is like it of course but the handling is incredible also), I came away very impressed by the GT4 on track. Compared to the 992 and the 991 Turbo S we got to drive on track, it was the most fun and nimble as expected and the only manual transmission car available. It felt the easier to drive at the limit and the most rewarding. I really enjoyed it. The downsides included the tall gearing as expected (the instructors told us we could basically keep the car in third gear the WHOLE course), the sound (definitely does not sound as good as the 981 GT4), and the dated interior (especially compared to the 992 and for a six figure car). The cars were all well equipped with PCCBs of course.

Compared to my 991.2 GT3, there is no comparison. The GT3 pulls harder and sounds better but is certainly more of a handful on track.

Quick Reply: New 718 GT4 at Barber Motorsports Park at Porsche Driving School Masters Course