Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Should I Order a UNICORN? / GTS 4.0 with PCCB

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2024, 08:22 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 868 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by alcc
I have it on mine. Love it. Have it on my 4RS, too. Much reduced rotational mass (yes, you feel it) and dust (yes, you don't see it) alone are worth it. Imo, it's a no brainer if you can get it. Why spend thousands on cosmetic options, but equivocate on PCCB? It's the best bargain on the options list.
Most ppl who option these do so for looks/dust only, or to raise there MSRP for resale value; which IMO is worthless for the 95% of Porsche owners (currently like myself) who don’t, or haven’t tracked their cars, and from what I see, those who optioned PCCB and track, swap out to Steels immediately anyway… why did they bother with PCCB’s (+MSRP FLEXING).
Rotational mass for a street ripping car @ the $$$$… plus the cost of replacement over Steelies, not worth it. Since this is primarily a cosmetic option, why not pay under $1000 to get your calipers powder coated yellow?
Old 01-20-2024, 08:38 PM
alcc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
Most ppl who option these do so for looks/dust only, or to raise there MSRP for resale value; which IMO is worthless for the 95% of Porsche owners (currently like myself) who don’t, or haven’t tracked their cars, and from what I see, those who optioned PCCB and track, swap out to Steels immediately anyway… why did they bother with PCCB’s (+MSRP FLEXING).
Rotational mass for a street ripping car @ the $$$$… plus the cost of replacement over Steelies, not worth it. Since this is primarily a cosmetic option, why not pay under $1000 to get your calipers powder coated yellow?
Typo. You are right. I do not believe I feel the rotational mass. Meant to say unsprung mass. I do feel that, plus, of course, the "infinite" bite. I do not see them as cosmetic option.
Old 01-20-2024, 09:29 PM
Manual991
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 68 Posts

I wish they were an option for GTS when I ordered mine last year. I would have checked that box.
The following 2 users liked this post by Manual991:
DPSGTS (03-05-2024), Joe250 (03-06-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 08:09 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,872 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
They are actually the economical option for street use as without tracking, can last over 100k miles or the life of the car. Second reason is dust. Unsprung weight is third place with cosmetics being forth.

At least those are the reasons I have them in my Spyder and one of the main reasons I sold my old Spyder as it didn't have them.
Old 01-21-2024, 10:18 AM
PTSFX
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 222 Posts

I’m fortunate enough to currently have a 991.2 with regular brakes and a Spyder with PCCB. Everything about the PCCB are so much better that, if I keep the 911, I will probably covert it over to PCCB.
Old 01-21-2024, 12:09 PM
atlrvr
Rennlist Member

Received 587 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by alcc
I have it on mine. Love it. Have it on my 4RS, too. Much reduced unsprung mass (you feel it) and dust (you don't see it) alone are worth it. Imo, it's a no brainer if you can get it. Why spend thousands on cosmetic options, but equivocate on PCCB? It's the best bargain on the options list.
Since I revived this thread, I'll add I had a 981 Cayman S with PCCB and now have a 991.2 GT3T and a 997.1 GT2, both with PCCB. I miss my 981 but am really drawn to the 4.0 engine.

The PCCB's are so incredible that I just can't bring myself to get a 4.0 GTS without them, but also realize that (along with preferring to get PDK) that there might only be a couple of cars in existence.

By incredible, I mean the initial bite, and overall better progressive feel as you add pressure is mucho superior. The lack of brake dust is very welcome. The longevity (I had over 60k miles on my 981, and could have easily made it past 100k based on the density readings my service tech performed) and resale value, make it an economical option for people who aren't afraid to put miles on their car.

And as great as I'm sure a GT4 is, looking for something just a touch softer.

Last edited by atlrvr; 01-21-2024 at 12:15 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by atlrvr:
DPSGTS (03-05-2024), slilley (01-22-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 05:34 PM
mikedee
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 30 Posts

Is it true that the GTS PCCBs are not the larger gt4 PCCBs ? just a smaller 340mm PCCBs ?
Old 03-05-2024, 08:02 PM
DPSGTS
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atlrvr
How many people ended up ordering a 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 with PCCB's? I passively keep my eye out for one and don't think I've ever seen one listed for sale. Even tighter production band, really looking to see if a PDK and PCCB car ever pops up.
I have a 21 CGTS 4.0 PCCBs. The original owner spec'd them, but I got them in my CPO and love them and I'm glad I have them. I have a hard time spotting CGTS 4.0s generally and have found zero others with PCCBs. I have literally only seen maybe 6 total CGTS 4.0s even after crawling through 100's of Pcars at this year's Werks Reunion.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:27 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 854 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by mikedee
Is it true that the GTS PCCBs are not the larger gt4 PCCBs ? just a smaller 340mm PCCBs ?
350mm iirc, def smaller

Quick Reply: Should I Order a UNICORN? / GTS 4.0 with PCCB