Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Python Green Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 06:40 PM
VoodooUomo
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 30 Posts

I just took delivery in Leipzig and I absolutely love the color. It was hard for me to find picture that present it as it looks in real life (the color fools lots of cameras) and this thread helped me a ton so I wanted to post a few of my own to help the next person.
I tried to capture the color as closely as I can to how it looked to my eye with neutral light/cloudy day type lighting.

The following 12 users liked this post by VoodooUomo:
6IXSPD (10-25-2022), 998R (09-01-2021), AZWCat (09-01-2021), BritinSF (01-12-2022), chub2000 (09-02-2021), halfmonkey (09-01-2021), josephr25 (09-12-2021), masti99 (09-15-2021), montoya (09-03-2021), RAGT4P (09-01-2021), slilley (09-02-2021), TikiLou (09-01-2021) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-01-2021, 06:43 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooUomo
I just took delivery in Leipzig and I absolutely love the color. It was hard for me to find picture that present it as it looks in real life (the color fools lots of cameras) and this thread helped me a ton so I wanted to post a few of my own to help the next person.
I tried to capture the color as closely as I can to how it looked to my eye with neutral light/cloudy day type lighting.
Wow, gorgeous! I have a CGTS on order in Python Green and I can't wait!

Congrats!
The following users liked this post:
VoodooUomo (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 06:46 PM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
Python.

Question for the owners? Which shade does it look like?

I personally love both and would be quite pleased if it looked the above in direct intense sunlight and below in the shade
Old 09-01-2021, 06:46 PM
VoodooUomo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TikiLou
Wow, gorgeous! I have a CGTS on order in Python Green and I can't wait!

Congrats!
You'll absolutely love it. It looks even better in real life.
Old 09-01-2021, 06:48 PM
VoodooUomo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by idk_alex
Question for the owners? Which shade does it look like?

I personally love both and would be quite pleased if it looked the above in direct intense sunlight and below in the shade
It's hard for me to say what it looks like in sunlight, I've only had it for about 30 minutes so far and not much of it in direct sunlight. My pics should be representative of the color in the shade or on a cloudy day.
9872SpeedYellowCS (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 07:24 PM
AZWCat
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 23 Posts

Oh man, looks fantastic!! Almost identical to my spec. The wait is killing me!
Old 09-01-2021, 07:31 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Blue is my favorite color on a sports car but these bright Porsche greens are a close second place. Man, that Python Green really pops especially in that first picture. Most of time when you see a car in green, it's a dark green. I believe these GT cars deserve to be in bright colors.

The Python Green looks a little "pastelly" to me in some pictures. Would you say that it's a little pastel or is that my eyes or maybe photo processing?
Old 09-01-2021, 07:52 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 729 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Blue is my favorite color on a sports car but these bright Porsche greens are a close second place. Man, that Python Green really pops especially in that first picture. Most of time when you see a car in green, it's a dark green. I believe these GT cars deserve to be in bright colors.

The Python Green looks a little "pastelly" to me in some pictures. Would you say that it's a little pastel or is that my eyes or maybe photo processing?

That "pastelly" look of python green keeps me from pulling a trigger on that color. I have seen it look that way in too many direct sun pics.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:21 AM
VoodooUomo
Rennlist Member

I suspect it's mostly a camera sensor thing that blows it out and makes it look pastell-ish. I have a couple of pictures that came out like that. But I will confirm once I've had the car a bit and can see/shoot it in direct sun.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:23 AM
VoodooUomo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
I'm the same way basically. I was consigned to a lifetime of blue cars until chance got me into a racing yellow 911 when I bought a used 991.1. The bright color thing grew in me in the couple years since and GT cars definitely are the best choice imo to pull it off.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:25 AM
AZWCat
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder Bite
That "pastelly" look of python green keeps me from pulling a trigger on that color. I have seen it look that way in too many direct sun pics.
Some of those pictures made me pause too, but I've seen the color in the showroom and it looked fantastic. The owners in this thread have all commented that it can appear different in photos. I was set on Shark Blue for my first two configurations before my build locked, but I changed it to PG after taking a drive and seeing so many cars in basically that same color. Toyota, Subaru, Ford, VW, .. it seemed too ordinary.
leaf345 (09-04-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 04:17 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by AZWCat
Some of those pictures made me pause too, but I've seen the color in the showroom and it looked fantastic. The owners in this thread have all commented that it can appear different in photos. I was set on Shark Blue for my first two configurations before my build locked, but I changed it to PG after taking a drive and seeing so many cars in basically that same color. Toyota, Subaru, Ford, VW, .. it seemed too ordinary.
Aside from the very common white, black, silver, and grey cars, bright blue sees to be the most "common" color on performance version of regular models. Bright green on the other hand is quite rare so bravo to those that are going for Python Green and similar although it seems if one doesn't pick Python Green, then they're mostly picking a darker green like British Racing Green or Oak Green vs Signal Green or Lizard Green.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:03 AM
Guaji
Racer

Received 283 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by AZWCat
I test drove a PG 718 Boxster 4.0 GTS during Monterey Car Week. Awesome test drive with the top down and the engine sound. I loved looking over the hood and seeing the PG, and this is coming from someone who chose a sedate Chalk color. Originally I had Shark Blue, but changed it. Everywhere I looked I saw Toyotas and other cars in similar shades of blue, but that can be said of colors like Chalk where the “primer” look is the trend. I don’t think VW uses Chalk like they do Cornflower Blue. Shark Blue has definitely grown on me though and maybe I would have changed back to it if my date didn’t freeze so soon.

If I really wanted to choose a color to stand out and be unique, I would have chosen Frozen Berry Metallic. They had a FBM Taycan in my test drive group and it looked nice. The only other manufacturer that uses something similar that I have seen was a Chevy Spark that I recently saw.
Old 09-03-2021, 04:04 PM
VoodooUomo
Rennlist Member

I picked the car up today and I can say that 90% or so of how that color looks lighter and less saturated in the sun is a camera effect. I saw the car under bright detailing light (neutral white light) and while it looked the same as the cloudy day picture to the eye, the camera blew the color out when I tried to take a picture. Same thing in bright sun. Funnily enough, the iPhone camera in the bright sun did OK and much better than my Canon full frame -the Canon picture needs processing to fix the color back to what it actually looks like. This green really stretches cameras because of how saturated it is. Both of these photos look a lot less saturated than the color looks to the eye in the same light.

The exact same photos look a lot closer when I just look at them on my iPhone. I think the phone is using HDR and it gets messed up in the upload.

Last edited by VoodooUomo; 09-03-2021 at 04:07 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by VoodooUomo:
masti99 (09-15-2021), montoya (09-03-2021)
Old 09-03-2021, 11:36 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

+1 for Crea Signs. They do good work right there in Leipzig near the Porsche delivery center. (and for Pastel Orange my IPhone does a good job representing the color!). My 992 GT3 will most likely be PG thus my interest in this thread!

Quick Reply: The Official Python Green Color Thread