Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

MSRP in California is possible for a Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 04:34 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C.
I avoid them like the plague
Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
They are the king stealership!
I would *never* do business with them either... I dont encourage that sort of dealer behavior
Old 07-24-2020, 11:49 AM
No Name
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I cannot PM you since I am a new member, can you get me more info for the orders? I am trying to get a Miami Blue GT4.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:38 PM
Super Stroby
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 100 Posts

If you are located in or near So-Cal I would advise something like finding a out of state MSRP allocation and then requesting the LA delivery experience. In stead of paying for shipping from the mid west I requested the experience for $900. The car gets within a ~250 miles of me, 1.5 hours on track, and lunch with it. Win-Win.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:50 PM
No Name
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Are there any extra fees associated with buying an out of state purchase and sending it to PEC LA?
Old 07-24-2020, 02:59 PM
Super Stroby
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by No Name
Are there any extra fees associated with buying an out of state purchase and sending it to PEC LA?
I haven't completed the delivery so I still don't know if there is any gotchas however as of right now its the car's MSRP(which includes the delivery experience fee) and a minimal doc fee of the dealer I'm buying it from. Since I'm in Nevada, California sometimes wants their tax rate on the car and then will refund the difference after sending the tax to Nevada. I believe I can avoid this by putting the car on a trailer instead of using a California moving permit to drive it out of state but I'll see.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I cannot PM you since I am a new member, can you get me more info for the orders? I am trying to get a Miami Blue GT4.
FYI Porsche of Walnut Creek "claim" to have a GT4 allocation at MSRP (Mike Pardini)
Old 07-24-2020, 05:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

While I have not done this myself (which means I dont know what I am talking about) if you order from an out-of-state dealership for PEC delivery, the dealership and PEC collaborate to register and title your car in your state of purchase and registration prior to collecting it
from the PEC.

I presume that some, if not all, of the additional cost of this process, is included in the PEC delivery fee.

Where things get murky are when you buy out of state, take delivery at PECLA and want to title/register the car in Ca...
Old 07-24-2020, 07:27 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable

Where things get murky are when you buy out of state, take delivery at PECLA and want to title/register the car in Ca...
I assume that, if the requirement is to have the car registered prior to pickup at PECLA, it would be impossible to buy a car out of state and then pick it up at PECLA and have it registered here in California. If PECLA won't do the actual registration/titling as a California dealer, there would no way to get the VIN verification and Smog done prior to receiving the car.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:33 PM
Super Stroby
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
While I have not done this myself (which means I dont know what I am talking about) if you order from an out-of-state dealership for PEC delivery, the dealership and PEC collaborate to register and title your car in your state of purchase and registration prior to collecting it
from the PEC.

I presume that some, if not all, of the additional cost of this process, is included in the PEC delivery fee.

Just had a email chain on this with my SA. Basically I bought my car from dealer in Illinois. Their dealer doc fee includes a temp tag. The temp tag gets me out of California and into Nevada where I can go to the DMV and pay my Nevada sales tax when registering it. Apparently this does change depending on the state you finally register the car in. I'm told Nevada is a more lenient state when allowing a transaction to close without sales tax being collected until the car is registered by the owner. There is also a reason out of state bought vehicles that do the LA experience go through Houston and not a Cali port. Now I wouldn't know why there are issues with buying a car out of state and then taking ownership in California. To my simpleton mind I can understand the tax being paid at registration but I'm sure there are a lot more hands that need to be greased up the tax chain in California than in Nevada.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:52 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

There is no problem buying a car out of State and registering it in California. There’s just no way to do that and take delivery at PECLA, if PECLA requires the car to be registered to pick it up, because in order to register the car in California you have to have it in your possession to do the VIN verification and smog check first.
Old 07-25-2020, 11:19 AM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 184 Posts

There is no collaboration between PEC & the dealer to register your car.

Pay and complete all paperwork with selling dealer. Dealer provides temporary registration plate, you provide Proof of Insurance...show both to PEC at delivery, done.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:48 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by TYPE911
There is no collaboration between PEC & the dealer to register your car.

Pay and complete all paperwork with selling dealer. Dealer provides temporary registration plate, you provide Proof of Insurance...show both to PEC at delivery, done.
Exactly, which means that a California resident buying out of state can’t do PECLA.

Quick Reply: MSRP in California is possible for a Spyder