Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Diviated Stitch

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 11:24 AM
Puggz
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Diviated Stitch

So if I was to go with Miami Blue exterior and blk leather interior, would speed blue stitching/embroidery work with Miami belts? other than the std red/yellow/grey, I find some of the DS options a bit strange.

Thoughts?
Old 07-08-2020, 12:02 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Puggz
So if I was to go with Miami Blue exterior and blk leather interior, would speed blue stitching/embroidery work with Miami belts? other than the std red/yellow/grey, I find some of the DS options a bit strange.

Thoughts?
I asked this question in a previous post of mine. Sorry but I don't know how to link my thread here. Someone posted a picture of what speed blue looks like and it isn't close enough to MB that I would say pick it. Of course, this is based off of a picture and cameras may not show the colors accurately so YMMV. I would probably say to stick with the silver deviated stitching or go with yellow stitching.

updated: I think I figured out how to post the link: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=243681

Last edited by halfmonkey; 07-08-2020 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:33 PM
soupy
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

The problem I had with the extended deviated stitching in colors other than red/yellow/silver was that the door pulls would have to be one of those colors and you'd need to go CXX options to color match. I think it was something like $1310 for the door pulls on the GT3/RS to color match.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:11 PM
Puggz
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
I asked this question in a previous post of mine. Sorry but I don't know how to link my thread here. Someone posted a picture of what speed blue looks like and it isn't close enough to MB that I would say pick it. Of course, this is based off of a picture and cameras may not show the colors accurately so YMMV. I would probably say to stick with the silver deviated stitching or go with yellow stitching.

updated: I think I figured out to post the link: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=243681
Thanks, never saw this one. personally I would like to keep the colors down to 3 or less and belts/door pulls should match if your're going to all that trouble.

Originally Posted by soupy
The problem I had with the extended deviated stitching in colors other than red/yellow/silver was that the door pulls would have to be one of those colors and you'd need to go CXX options to color match. I think it was something like $1310 for the door pulls on the GT3/RS to color match.
$1800 CAD for CXX door pulls here.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:09 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,476 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by soupy

If you do pick lizard green you can buy the GT3 door pulls from Suncoast.....they also have then in Lava Orange but not sure how would that match orange stitching.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:16 AM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Puggz

Thoughts?
Wondered same but costs just seemed to mount quickly and I gave up. I liked Idea of going MB paint then having MB stitching, MB break calipers, MB seat belts; end up with 2 colors only. TechArt seems to be able to do this. Keep meaning to reach out to them and ask.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:34 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 765 Likes on 452 Posts

With the extra door pull cost its like 5G's for thread color (on top of full leather). Jeez
Old 07-09-2020, 11:36 AM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
With the extra door pull cost its like 5G's for thread color (on top of full leather). Jeez
Just emailed tech art to see about pricing. Maybe this is just going down a rabbit hole and I should keep things stock!

Quick Reply: Diviated Stitch