Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Inner door sill guards in leather

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 01:52 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 864 Posts
Default Inner door sill guards in leather

Does anybody have a picture of what exactly this option looks like? On the configurator, when you select this option, you can kind of see what it looks like but unfortunately Porsche doesn't show a direct picture. They show a picture with the door closed instead of straight above the inner door sill with the door open. I see that it includes the deviated stitching but again would love to see exactly what it looks like with the door open looking straight down.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:02 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

I automatically stayed away from leather around door sills. Wear item in my mind getting in and out of the car. Shoes no doubt hit those points from time to time or every time.

Googled and found this - https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...n-leather.html
Old 07-06-2020, 06:24 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
I automatically stayed away from leather around door sills. Wear item in my mind getting in and out of the car. Shoes no doubt hit those points from time to time or every time.

Googled and found this - https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...n-leather.html
Thanks for the link. Upon further review, I think I will pass because as you mentioned this will get scuffed in no time.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:56 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

I ordered these on a Sapphire Blue 981 GT4 with black/platinum interior, specifically because they're in an area that will typically show wear. I figured the fact that very few rational people will order them will help make my car unique, and on a more legitimate note, if and when I go to sell, their excellent condition will highlight how well I take care of my car. When I sold my GT4 they still looked perfect. However, that came much earlier than expected, after only about 5k or 7k mi, as I found I really missed a convertible so I traded for a Spyder. That said, I think they look great, and I'll probably do it again when I order new again. As long as it's not a DD it's no big deal.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:04 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,684 Likes on 924 Posts

I had them on my 981 Spyder... loved them!
Ordered them again! Prefer the Leather with stitching look over the cheap plastic. For the 9X7 generations Porsche used a smooth matte plastic, but switched to a cheaper plastic starting with the 9X1 generations.
The following users liked this post:
JSF101 (07-06-2020)

Quick Reply: Inner door sill guards in leather