Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Door pulls - Which red is it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 01:46 PM
Puggz
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Door pulls - Which red is it?

When you pick the leather interior w/red stitching on the configurator, the door pulls look darker than Guards Red belts. Also, Bordeaux red is not available on the GT4. As there are a few of these now IRL, what kind of feedback can you provide?

FYI, I also inquired about going for the std interior and getting the door pulls in red to match the seat-belts. I was quoted $1800 as it would be a custom option.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:49 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Puggz
When you pick the leather interior w/red stitching on the configurator, the door pulls look darker than Guards Red belts. Also, Bordeaux red is not available on the GT4. As there are a few of these now IRL, what kind of feedback can you provide?

FYI, I also inquired about going for the std interior and getting the door pulls in red to match the seat-belts. I was quoted $1800 as it would be a custom option.
Good question, Puggz. Perhaps you were referencing this also: if you go to the side view of the interior in the Spyder configurator, with the red stitched interior selected, you can switch back and forth between Guards Red belts and Bordeaux belts (in the Interior section) and compare to the red Spyder script on the passenger's seat back. Bordeaux is clearly darker than Guards and, to my eye, Guards matches the color of the Spyder stitching best. But this is all speculation with a lot of 2" putty thrown in. Would be nice to have a definitive answer.

PS: More guess work. From pictures of GT4s we've all seen in the various reviews, it seems the interior with red stitching is meant to match the Guards Red on cars with that exterior color, which might indicate the interior stitching, etc. is Guards Red. More speculation!

God bless,
TT
Old 07-07-2020, 09:37 AM
katzndogs
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a GR GT4 w/ red door pulls, 12 o'clock marker, deviated stitching, and belts. All of these red accents match the exterior GR very nicely... Never once thought to myself that the shades were off.

Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
Puggz (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 10:40 AM
Puggz
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by katzndogs
I have a GR GT4 w/ red door pulls, 12 o'clock marker, deviated stitching, and belts. All of these red accents match the exterior GR very nicely... Never once thought to myself that the shades were off.

Hope this helps.
Awesome and it looks amazing. GR was my original color of choice but over time I keep wandering.. are you happy with your decision? Do you get a lot of attention because of the color?
katzndogs (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 11:49 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by katzndogs

Hope this helps.
That's the answer, katzndogs. Thanks so much. Beautiful interior!

God bless,
TT
katzndogs (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 12:12 PM
katzndogs
Instructor

Awesome and it looks amazing. GR was my original color of choice but over time I keep wandering.. are you happy with your decision? Do you get a lot of attention because of the color?
The first moment I saw my car in person I knew it was the right choice in color, I think it suits the car quite nicely (size, shape) and it looks terrific in the sun. I certainly notice the car getting attention but not in a negative way. So far driving through town it has been common to see kids staring and some adults turning their heads/looking up but most everyone seems to have a smile on their face. I think if you drive the car in an appropriate manner, especially if you live in a small town like I do, then the car gets received positively.

Here's a short anecdote which speaks to my point:The other night I was parked across the street from a restaurant where I was eating dinner. Directly in front of the restaurant (between the restaurant and my car) was a yellow Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster. As I was getting into my car, three ladies all in their late 40s to early 50s walked right next to my car, looked at me and my car and then back at the yellow Lamborghini across the street and said to me "now that is a very pretty car *pointing at me in my car*, that other one not so much *pointing at the yellow Lamborghini*" I laughed and said thank you!

Old 07-07-2020, 12:19 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Great story. What color are your wheels?

God bless,
TT
Old 07-07-2020, 03:15 PM
katzndogs
Instructor

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Great story. What color are your wheels?

God bless,
TT
Silver wheels.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:28 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Very beautiful. Your car is on the Guards Red GT4/Spyder color thread. A very beautiful car...and garage!

God bless,
TT
Old 07-07-2020, 03:35 PM
katzndogs
Instructor

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Very beautiful. Your car is on the Guards Red GT4/Spyder color thread. A very beautiful car...and garage!

God bless,
TT
Yes, that is my car. Thanks, Tom!

Quick Reply: Door pulls - Which red is it?