Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

'21 718 GT4 Allocation - First Time P-Owner -Excited!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 04:16 PM
su_root
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by su_root
HODL for my experience
Hey Folks!

First time p-car owner and qh was surprised to be offered an allocation for a '21 unit through princetonporsche.com after contacting them on a '20 unit they had on the floor. Sharing my noob experience with Princeton Porsche with the community for all folks to chime in on what was done right and what was missed - both from my side and the vendor side.

Build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMU18177

Dealer:
Princeton Porsche
3331 US-1, Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
as a side note - how am i able to confirm an allocation once an order and deposit is in place?

as its my first purchase - is there a confirmation letter or form my dealer should provide?

attached is what i received from my SA...
Old 06-30-2020, 04:33 PM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 235 Posts

as a side note - how am i able to confirm an allocation once an order and deposit is in place?

as its my first purchase - is there a confirmation letter or form my dealer should provide?

The build confirmation you got with the commission number is what you're asking for, and already have.

Technically, the biggest piece of data there is the commission number (noted as Comm. No. on the build confirmation). You can technically give that number to someone at PCNA (Porsche Cars North America) and they would be able to look up the same information as the dealer.
A commission number means the order is in Porsche's System.

P.S. You should probably remove all of the attachments on your first post. They both include your name, home address, and the last one includes the last 4 of your CC. All of which is generally regarded as a bad idea to post publicly on the internet.
The following users liked this post:
DFW01TT (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 05:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene
The build confirmation you got with the commission number is what you're asking for, and already have.

Technically, the biggest piece of data there is the commission number (noted as Comm. No. on the build confirmation). You can technically give that number to someone at PCNA (Porsche Cars North America) and they would be able to look up the same information as the dealer.
A commission number means the order is in Porsche's System.

P.S. You should probably remove all of the attachments on your first post. They both include your name, home address, and the last one includes the last 4 of your CC. All of which is generally regarded as a bad idea to post publicly on the internet.
+1
Old 06-30-2020, 05:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
That's not true. As has been discussed before, you the get the stopwatch function in the display and you get the performance figures displayed in the PCM. And the track precision app sucks and nobody uses it anyway, so it's kind of irrelevant.
interestingly enough (and probably no surprise) Porsche Sport Driving School (in Germany at least) are now using the app as a teaching aide in their track events ...
Old 06-30-2020, 05:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

As your SA points out, the build sheet with the commission # on it is your confirmation of an allocation/build, once it goes V2xx you are "locked and loaded" ... esp V250
Old 06-30-2020, 05:56 PM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 535 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
As your SA points out, the build sheet with the commission # on it is your confirmation of an allocation/build, once it goes V2xx you are "locked and loaded" ... esp V250
Mine is 11 weeks from V200 Delivery Date Determined until V250 Vehicle Fixed.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:34 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,377 Likes on 836 Posts

Noticed that instrument dials in white were specced. Hope you realize that will not include the chrono dial. Some have made that error in the past.

In regards to the suggested dimming mirrors, some have reported on the 981 version that the wing blocks headlights and that the dimming function doesn't work as expected.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:39 PM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Received 503 Likes on 259 Posts

Congrats on your first P car. I'm also waiting for my first P car, a 2020 GT4 that got built last friday!!

You specced it good with MT and buckets for the track. All the rest is personnal. I also specced the PCCB's and will maybe consider steelies as track rotors but not sure. I got carried away and got the folding mirrors/light designg package and auto-dimming mirrors but they wont increase the fun factor of the car.

My car locked on june 10th so at v150 you can still change every option on your car without problem!
Old 06-30-2020, 11:58 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene
Couple things:
  • Add the "Smoking Package" option. It's free, and you should get it even if you don't smoke. It adds a cover to the random "change" box right below the buttons on the console.
  • "Chrono package" is a wasted option unless you also get "Navigation incl. Porsche Connect". You're just paying for a clock and an extra item in the PCM. The real benefit is having the track precision app (which is only available with navigation)
  • Consider climate control / auto-dimming mirrors I consider these essential on any new car, regardless of how it's used.
Otherwise, it looks like you've only gone for the big-ticket items. Is this going to be a track rat, C&C machine, or daily driver?
Looks good though
I messed up on mine, not ordering the smocking package. I thought I could put my phone in the box but it's way too small.

Also support climate control. The dual zone thing is misleading. The important point is that without it there is a bunch of empty buttons and screens where the climate control is located.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:02 PM
AndyE1976
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

+1 for auto climate.

Personally I'd add carplay if you're an Apple user. I also have a hard time buying a 6-figure car without full leather, but those options start to add up quick don't they!
The following users liked this post:
Underblu (07-01-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 11:00 PM
Jet.Fuel.Only
Advanced

Received 154 Likes on 39 Posts

So you are saying if you don't pick dual zone climate control there's actually no "climate control" just fan speed etc? If that's true...I'm so glad I found this thread
Old 08-24-2020, 11:20 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet.Fuel.Only
So you are saying if you don't pick dual zone climate control there's actually no "climate control" just fan speed etc? If that's true...I'm so glad I found this thread
Yup.
Old 08-25-2020, 12:35 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,178 Likes on 773 Posts

Kicking myself for missing dual zone climate control. Nice to set a temp and let the system work. Totally didn't realize, have it in other pcars. F$ck. Dimming mirrors is a nice touch, have in my 997. Should have gotten it here, think about it on night drives.
Old 08-25-2020, 03:40 AM
KelvinC
Burning Brakes

Received 1,070 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet.Fuel.Only
It’s not true. There is climate control, as shown in standard equipment.

Just like any other car with A/C. Direction, recirculation, A/C on or off, A/C max, defrost, etc. Just controlled manually.

I hate auto A/C. I never respond well to numbers. It’s easier for me to tell if I’m hot or cold and adjust accordingly. Auto A/C seems to always blow the fan way too hard for my liking when I don’t expect it or need it.

Old 08-25-2020, 04:01 AM
KelvinC
Burning Brakes

Received 1,070 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by RyuBraska
Also support climate control. The dual zone thing is misleading. The important point is that without it there is a bunch of empty buttons and screens where the climate control is located.
This is an exaggeration, in reality there are only two rounded blanks where the 2-zone climate control would have buttons. The seat heater buttons at the bottom would be blank for anyone choosing bucket seats. The screen is also not “empty”, it’s still a screen.

Quick Reply: '21 718 GT4 Allocation - First Time P-Owner -Excited!