Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

'21 718 GT4 Allocation - First Time P-Owner -Excited!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2020 | 03:17 PM
su_root
Track Day

Default '21 718 GT4 Allocation - First Time P-Owner -Excited!

Hey Folks!

First time p-car owner and qh was surprised to be offered an allocation for a '21 unit through princetonporsche.com after contacting them on a '20 unit they had on the floor. Sharing my noob experience with Princeton Porsche with the community for all folks to chime in on what was done right and what was missed - both from my side and the vendor side.

Build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMU18177

Dealer:
Princeton Porsche
3331 US-1, Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
GONZALEZH_BuildConfirm.pdf (290.4 KB, 163 views)
GONZALEZH_deptRcpt.pdf (24.5 KB, 138 views)
GONZALEZH_ORDERCONF.pdf (166.6 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by su_root; 06-30-2020 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-30-2020 | 03:21 PM
su_root
Track Day

HODL for my experience
Old 06-30-2020 | 03:22 PM
su_root
Track Day

HODL for my experience
Old 06-30-2020 | 03:26 PM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by su_root
Hey Folks!

First time p-car owner and qh was surprised to be offered an allocation for a '21 unit through princetonporsche.com after contacting them on a '20 unit they had on the floor. Sharing my noob experience with Princeton Porsche with the community for all folks to chime in on what was done right and what was missed - both from my side and the vendor side.

Build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMU18177

Dealer:
Princeton Porsche
3331 US-1, Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
Couple things:
  • Add the "Smoking Package" option. It's free, and you should get it even if you don't smoke. It adds a cover to the random "change" box right below the buttons on the console.
  • "Chrono package" is a wasted option unless you also get "Navigation incl. Porsche Connect". You're just paying for a clock and an extra item in the PCM. The real benefit is having the track precision app (which is only available with navigation)
  • Consider climate control / auto-dimming mirrors I consider these essential on any new car, regardless of how it's used.
Otherwise, it looks like you've only gone for the big-ticket items. Is this going to be a track rat, C&C machine, or daily driver?
Looks good though
Old 06-30-2020 | 03:29 PM
su_root
Track Day

Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene
Couple things:
  • Add the "Smoking Package" option. It's free, and you should get it even if you don't smoke. It adds a cover to the random "change" box right below the buttons on the console.
  • "Chrono package" is a wasted option unless you also get "Navigation incl. Porsche Connect". You're just paying for a clock and an extra item in the PCM. The real benefit is having the track precision app (which is only available with navigation)
  • Consider climate control / auto-dimming mirrors I consider these essential on any new car, regardless of how it's used.
Otherwise, it looks like you've only gone for the big-ticket items. Is this going to be a track rat, C&C machine, or daily driver?
Looks good though
Man where were you when i built it....tmk options are locked down as of this afternoon. unless you know something i dont - i dont believe i can change it at this point.

+ track rat
+ will try to add the smokers pkg
+ id really like the climate and mirror stuff but was trying to stay under 120
Old 06-30-2020 | 03:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Couple things:
Looks good though
+1 on both of these! and since your order is only V150 - unless PAG has moved *really* fast to V210/250 then your order is changeable!
Old 06-30-2020 | 03:33 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Couple things
  • "Chrono package" is a wasted option unless you also get "Navigation incl. Porsche Connect". You're just paying for a clock and an extra item in the PCM. The real benefit is having the track precision app (which is only available with navigation.
That's not true. As has been discussed before, you the get the stopwatch function in the display and you get the performance figures displayed in the PCM. And the track precision app sucks and nobody uses it anyway, so it's kind of irrelevant.
The following users liked this post:
mazyo (08-25-2020)
Old 06-30-2020 | 03:34 PM
su_root
Track Day

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
+1 on both of these! and since your order is only V150 - unless PAG has moved *really* fast to V210/250 then your order is changeable!
Thanks for the input ! placing a call as we speak...
Old 06-30-2020 | 03:37 PM
su_root
Track Day

@Larry Cable mind helping me understand what the V-xxx number represents
Old 06-30-2020 | 03:38 PM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Man where were you when i built it....tmk options are locked down as of this afternoon. unless you know something i dont - i dont believe i can change it at this point.

+ track rat
+ will try to add the smokers pkg
+ id really like the climate and mirror stuff but was trying to stay under 120
Well if it's a 2021, I honestly doubt your options are locked down unless it's going to be built within the next couple weeks. Those won't start deliveries until September/October, and those allocations don't lock until maybe July/August.

EDIT: Just saw it's V150. It's completely changeable at this point.

If it's a track rat then it actually looks good - as long as you're aware of the future cost of replacing PCCB. The brakes perform great on track and would last you maybe 20-30 track days, but they're still prohibitively expensive to replace ($12k aftermarket CCB, $24k OEM).
If it's going to see 10-20+ track days a year, you're saving yourself a lot of $$ (and losing almost no performance) by getting the steels. Just something to consider.
Old 06-30-2020 | 03:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

@Larry Cable mind helping me understand what the V-xxx number represents
I would if I could recall - but its all described elsewhere in multiple threads on the forums ... for this discussion V250 is significant as this is the milestone where the order is locked by the factory for production and is effectively no longer changeable - V150 means the order has been submitted to the factory, next step is V200, V210 ...

pretty much everything after V250 is the internal scheduling of the build thru production etc ... paint shop etc etc
Old 06-30-2020 | 03:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Well if it's a 2021, I honestly doubt your options are locked down unless it's going to be built within the next couple weeks. Those won't start deliveries until September/October, and those allocations don't lock until maybe July/August.

EDIT: Just saw it's V150. It's completely changeable at this point.

If it's a track rat then it actually looks good - as long as you're aware of the future cost of replacing PCCB. The brakes perform great on track and would last you maybe 20-30 track days, but they're still prohibitively expensive to replace ($12k aftermarket CCB, $24k OEM).
If it's going to see 10-20+ track days a year, you're saving yourself future cost (and losing almost no performance) by getting the steels. Just something to consider.
although you can also take the PCCBs off and put them in a box and mount steels - although I have to state that in IMO the whole "when do you replace PCCBs that are tracked" is opinion and not empirical fact...
The following users liked this post:
mazyo (08-25-2020)
Old 06-30-2020 | 03:44 PM
su_root
Track Day

I would if I could recall - but its all described elsewhere in multiple threads on the forums ... for this discussion V250 is significant as this is the milestone where the order is locked by the factory for production and is effectively no longer changeable - V150 means the order has been submitted to the factory, next step is V200, V210 ...

pretty much everything after V250 is the internal scheduling of the build thru production etc ... paint shop etc etc
makes sense. got it
Old 06-30-2020 | 03:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

makes sense. got it
this covers some of it: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/th...xplained.1112/

but not the V#'s under 250...
Old 06-30-2020 | 04:00 PM
su_root
Track Day

this covers some of it: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/th...xplained.1112/

but not the V#'s under 250...
Understood. appreciate the link

Quick Reply: '21 718 GT4 Allocation - First Time P-Owner -Excited!