Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Secured a build slot for a 2021 GTS 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 09:47 PM
jefflj
Advanced

Received 117 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by akhbhaat
Yeah, that's an interesting comparison to make. The GT4 will probably depreciate a bit less, which would neutralize much of the relatively small price difference, or maintenance delta. I think it comes down to livability and availability; plenty to think about. I know I'll be happy with either car.

I'm not sure how much sense the S makes any more, because once you add PASM/PTV/SC and a couple other necessities, it's within 4-5k (MSRP) of a similarly equipped GTS, and still lacks the flat six and many of the cosmetic upgrades. I suppose if absolute performance is the goal you may still be better served with the turbo motor (though, really, if absolute performance is the goal, you might as well save $30k and get a C8 or GT350 anyhow). I'm sure dealerships have more allocations for the S and are also more willing to discount them, but--as above--a couple grand shouldn't really be a significant factor at this price point.
Livability was my main reason for going with the CGTS 4.0. My dealer had an allocation for both a GT4 and a CGTS 4.0 and I had first shot at either. My GT4 spec was about $119K MSRP and the CGTS 4.0 spec was about $106K. Yes, it was a bonus that the GTS was $13K less expensive, but my real driver was my concern about the suspension... a harsher ride on bad PA roads and scraping the front lip going up driveways. Secondarily, I'm not an alcantara fan and leather seats are not an option on the GT4. So, I chose the GTS.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:41 PM
akhbhaat
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by jefflj
Livability was my main reason for going with the CGTS 4.0. My dealer had an allocation for both a GT4 and a CGTS 4.0 and I had first shot at either. My GT4 spec was about $119K MSRP and the CGTS 4.0 spec was about $106K. Yes, it was a bonus that the GTS was $13K less expensive, but my real driver was my concern about the suspension... a harsher ride on bad PA roads and scraping the front lip going up driveways. Secondarily, I'm not an alcantara fan and leather seats are not an option on the GT4. So, I chose the GTS.
Can't fault you for any of that. It's starting to become apparent that I will probably use this as more of an all-purpose car than I originally planned, since I'm having trouble sorting out a decent parking solution for my other car (I live in a downtown condo and the immediately surrounding roads are far from great), so yeah--livability is going to be important to me, too. The GTS is really hitting the sweet spot.
The following users liked this post:
jefflj (07-03-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 12:49 PM
fantom
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

I had a GT4 allocation with an early June 2020 delivery date, that I always felt was a little too hard core for me. I cancelled it in early February, in anticipation for a more livable, for me, 4.0 GTS. Dealer recently notified me of an October allocation.

I'm enjoying what little driving I'm doing, in my Audi S5, and will wait six months or so to order the GTS. Maybe more exterior colors (shark blue or graphite blue) and better discounts from MSRP, Happy to avoid the early rush.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:14 PM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by fantom
I had a GT4 allocation with an early June 2020 delivery date, that I always felt was a little too hard core for me. I cancelled it in early February, in anticipation for a more livable, for me, 4.0 GTS. Dealer recently notified me of an October allocation.

I'm enjoying what little driving I'm doing, in my Audi S5, and will wait six months or so to order the GTS. Maybe more exterior colors (shark blue or graphite blue) and better discounts from MSRP, Happy to avoid the early rush.
We still don't know what shark blue is going to look like, correct?
Old 07-04-2020, 02:15 PM
fantom
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by ToasterThief
We still don't know what shark blue is going to look like, correct?
Unfortunately. We don't even know if either will be offered. Thanks, Porsche Marketing

Quick Reply: Secured a build slot for a 2021 GTS 4.0