Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Goodies you brought for the GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 08:04 AM
Slippery Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 2XIPA
Waiting for my Akra OAP’s. Next up a wrap and a suspension tune. Good thing my Spyder comes in tomorrow.

What WeatherTech mats are those? Their site doesn't show floorliners available for the 718. I read somewhere that they pulled them after Pcar owners were too difficult to please. Is there a different model you can order them for that will be compatible with the GT4/Spyder?
Old 12-18-2020, 08:49 AM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 238 Posts

Thanks. Yes, I did almost one year ago to the day.
Great choice. Garry is the man.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:54 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 453 Posts

Waiting for my Akra OAP’s. Next up a wrap and a suspension tune. Good thing my Spyder comes in tomorrow.

Im sure the wife loves the car shrine in the middle of the living room.
The following users liked this post:
Pokerhobo (12-18-2020)
Old 12-18-2020, 09:01 AM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Im sure the wife loves the car shrine in the middle of the living room.
It's the same thing as when they lay all their new clothes on the bed...
The following 3 users liked this post by kart125:
843Spyder (12-18-2020), Rennolazine (12-18-2020), Viper pilot (12-18-2020)
Old 12-18-2020, 09:18 AM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Slippery Pete
What WeatherTech mats are those? Their site doesn't show floorliners available for the 718. I read somewhere that they pulled them after Pcar owners were too difficult to please. Is there a different model you can order them for that will be compatible with the GT4/Spyder?
Yes. Here’s the link. I picked the 2019 718 Boxster option.

https://www.weathertech.com/porsche/2019/718-boxster/floorliner-digitalfit/

I saw someone else on RL had them in a picture. I also heard the same as you about Weathertech not wanting to deal Pcar owners. Had them in my 987 Spyder too. I’ve found nothing better as I live in the PNW.

Slippery Pete (12-19-2020)
Old 12-18-2020, 09:21 AM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by kart125
It's the same thing as when they lay all their new clothes on the bed...
😂 I had to take the picture while she was gone. I’m much too lazy to write it all down.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:58 AM
Hmet
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Surface transform brake rotors. They sent yellow pads for a red caliper order. Trying to sort it out with them.
998R (02-22-2021)
Old 12-18-2020, 11:57 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,702 Likes on 2,736 Posts

Originally Posted by Hmet

Surface transform brake rotors. They sent yellow pads for a red caliper order. Trying to sort it out with them.
So did your come with PCCB brakes and you decided ST was a better options? There must be a story here, I am curious to learn more!
Old 12-18-2020, 12:05 PM
Hmet
Instructor

Originally Posted by Westcoast
So did your come with PCCB brakes and you decided ST was a better options? There must be a story here, I am curious to learn more!
The car came with steel rotors and red calipers. Surface Transform offers a mod to cater for red calipers (a decent piece of kit comes in to modify the red caliper placement to cater for the larger diameter rotors) and it works very well. However after installation i noticed that the pads (that also comes with the ST mod) are colores yellow in the front, which i believe is a cosmetic error which i am trying to sort out with them.
The car suspension and handling feels much better (i think the drop in the unsprung rotating mass makes a significant improvement) but i only drove few miles with it.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:10 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The car came with steel rotors and red calipers. Surface Transform offers a mod to cater for red calipers (a decent piece of kit comes in to modify the red caliper placement to cater for the larger diameter rotors) and it works very well. However after installation i noticed that the pads (that also comes with the ST mod) are colores yellow in the front, which i believe is a cosmetic error which i am trying to sort out with them.
The car suspension and handling feels much better (i think the drop in the unsprung rotating mass makes a significant improvement) but i only drove few miles with it.
Cool, thanks for the details, I didn't know you could convert from Iron to ceramic, so was this a kit I can find on their website and for you was this a change of heart or done because it was less expensive then the Porsche PCCB brake option?
Old 12-18-2020, 12:19 PM
Hmet
Instructor

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Cool, thanks for the details, I didn't know you could convert from Iron to ceramic, so was this a kit I can find on their website and for you was this a change of heart or done because it was less expensive then the Porsche PCCB brake option?
i like speaking about details
The initial motivation was to deal with the brake dust issue. Of course this mod is expensive, but to convince myself i researched about the longevity of this setup and other advantages. What tipped me into it was the black Friday offer (and the urge to buy the car something for the season &#128514.
To answer the question : yes you can order the red caliper upgrade directly from them. They send you caliper seating which seamlessly allows it to work on a larger diameters and brake lines for the front wheel (a simple installation but requires bleeding the system for air which takes fifteen minutes) and that requires professional installation but it's not complicated (plug and play).
I am very happy i did it and ended up being slightly cheaper than OEM, and it is said to be a much better material (look them up)
Let me know if I can elaborate more or answer questions.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:41 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

i like speaking about details
The initial motivation was to deal with the brake dust issue. Of course this mod is expensive, but to convince myself i researched about the longevity of this setup and other advantages. What tipped me into it was the black Friday offer (and the urge to buy the car something for the season &#128514.
To answer the question : yes you can order the red caliper upgrade directly from them. They send you caliper seating which seamlessly allows it to work on a larger diameters and brake lines for the front wheel (a simple installation but requires bleeding the system for air which takes fifteen minutes) and that requires professional installation but it's not complicated (plug and play).
I am very happy i did it and ended up being slightly cheaper than OEM, and it is said to be a much better material (look them up)
Let me know if I can elaborate more or answer questions.
Cheers again! I am aware of their products, they were on my research list when I was deciding on whether to go with PCCB or iron brakes, I noted at the time they make replacement rotors for both Iron and PCCB available for the GT4/Spyder... and as you say with a good reputation for quality!

I have PCCB on my Spyder and was curious about your upgrade path.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:50 PM
Hmet
Instructor

Thanks
I feel a very significant improvement following the weight reduction of the rotating mass. Makes me consider light weight mag wheels
Old 12-18-2020, 12:54 PM
kart125
Burning Brakes

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Thanks
I feel a very significant improvement following the weight reduction of the rotating mass. Makes me consider light weight mag wheels
Which pads did you went with?
Old 12-18-2020, 12:58 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanks
This is what I did to compliment the PCCB's, lighter weight forged wheels for the UHP Maxx Race2 tires... the handling is improvement is noticeable especially on bumpy roads, even a friend with iron brakes on his GT4 immediately noticed the difference when he drove my Spyder.

Quick Reply: Goodies you brought for the GT4?