Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

**Fabspeed Motorsport** | 718 GT4/Spyder Exhaust Development

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2020 | 12:51 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Regarding your Maxflow valved exhaust, I read this on you website, only 4lbs lighter than stock? Really?
A bump for @Fabspeed Motorsport can you confirm the weight of the Maxflow exhaust?

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2020 | 01:26 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

A bump for @Fabspeed Motorsport can you confirm the weight of the Maxflow exhaust?

Thanks!
Yes, that information is correct. The OEM system is fairly light. Not much more we could do to cut weight!

Old 07-20-2020 | 01:33 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Get the popcorn ladies and gentlemen, we recently had the pleasure of working with the Track Day Youtube Channel! Take a look a look at this top notch job these guys did with this video and also get a listen to the GPF Delete Pipes & Supercup Lightweight Exhaust System

Let us know what you think and don't forget to comment and subscribe to the channel!!

The following users liked this post:
Croc999 (07-21-2020)
Old 07-20-2020 | 08:41 PM
bradStyle
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Let us know what you think
That video is *HILARIOUS*. "Professional driver on a closed course. Always obey local speed and traffic laws." Awesome. Sounds great, BTW.
Old 07-21-2020 | 12:33 AM
autoxerGT3RS
Rennlist Member

Any info on db for the over the axle pipes either increase over stock or the pipes themselves? We have a track with sound restrictions
Old 07-21-2020 | 11:13 AM
sobiloff
Racer

I want to know how they mic'd the car for the acceleration run that starts at around 5:45, because that's the most glorious sound I've heard yet from the GT4's engine.
Old 07-21-2020 | 07:21 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Looking at ordering the 718 GT4 valvetronic x-pipe exhaust system from Pfaff Tuning here in Toronto, Canada. Any info on when this system will be ready for shipments, and as it is a cat-back system I assume no effect on warranty?
Old 07-21-2020 | 07:27 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KenTO
Looking at ordering the 718 GT4 valvetronic x-pipe exhaust system from Pfaff Tuning here in Toronto, Canada. Any info on when this system will be ready for shipments, and as it is a cat-back system I assume no effect on warranty?
This is a question you need to ask the Pfaff Porsche Service manager about, Fabspeed have no control over Porsche warranty, PAG makes the final determination for stuff like this. I would be really curious to know what the service manager says...
Old 07-21-2020 | 07:48 PM
oo7ml
Instructor

I have my GT4 since January and I’ve been searching on YouTube for exhaust replacements on a daily basis since.

This seems to sound far better than any other option out there.

could you kindly help me with the following questions please, as a lot of this goes straight over my head.

01 - I’ve noticed that you have several different parts for sale on your website. What parts are required / used in this video -

02 - Can this be fitted to an Irish (European) car?

03 - Does it good warranty?

looking forward to hopefully making an order on receipt of the above questions.
Old 07-21-2020 | 08:03 PM
tdlondon
Rennlist Member

Has anyone heard the sound of the Supersprint over axle pipes? They are considerably less expensive than Fabspeed, SOUL, who also do in SS, and JCR who does Titanium. ECS Tuning is selling them for just under $1,000 the pair.
I know Supersprint is a very reputable company on exhaust-making. Wondering if someone had seen/heard their GT4 products in use. I asked them for that and they said they were going to make one.
Old 07-21-2020 | 08:25 PM
Sausage416
Pro

All opf delete will sound the same ,It’s just ss pipe.
Old 07-21-2020 | 09:16 PM
Jim Rockford
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sausage416
Similar SS materials perhaps, but some of these pipe offerings seem to have bracketry and some don’t. Would be curious to have some input on that aspect. Furthermore, the photos of the Supersprint pipes I can find have the bracketry but also all these bungs and tendrils and such. There’s a lot going on there.
Old 07-22-2020 | 05:05 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bradStyle
That video is *HILARIOUS*. "Professional driver on a closed course. Always obey local speed and traffic laws." Awesome. Sounds great, BTW.
I have no idea what you are talking about....

Originally Posted by autoxerGT3RS
Any info on db for the over the axle pipes either increase over stock or the pipes themselves? We have a track with sound restrictions
Unfortunately we no longer measure DB ratings as there are so many variables as well as such fine lines that tracks are now holding. Realistically, I would estimate that with just the GPF Delete's, we saw roughly 15-20% increase in exhaust DB.

Originally Posted by sobiloff
I want to know how they mic'd the car for the acceleration run that starts at around 5:45, because that's the most glorious sound I've heard yet from the GT4's engine.
Believe it or not, they did not actually mic up the car, all of the sound was picked up by the camera's....That's how good it sounds!

Originally Posted by KenTO
We should be finalizing the development for the product line within the next week or so. As far as warranty, in the US we have the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act that protects consumers from issues such as this, but regardless, I would recommend chatting up your dealer to see what they think!

This is a question you need to ask the Pfaff Porsche Service manager about, Fabspeed have no control over Porsche warranty, PAG makes the final determination for stuff like this. I would be really curious to know what the service manager says...
Nailed it! Having an open line of communication with your dealer is always key. That way IF something is to ever happen, they are more comfortable going to bat for you.

Originally Posted by oo7ml
I have my GT4 since January and I’ve been searching on YouTube for exhaust replacements on a daily basis since.

This seems to sound far better than any other option out there.

could you kindly help me with the following questions please, as a lot of this goes straight over my head.

01 - I’ve noticed that you have several different parts for sale on your website. What parts are required / used in this video - https://youtu.be/NT0zOceVwCI

This setup was the GPF Delete Pipes & Lightweight Competition Exhaust System . It is a bit more aggressive, also eliminates the use of the factory valves.

02 - Can this be fitted to an Irish (European) car?

Great question, after much research, we have found the following information: To meet stringent Euro 6 emission standard and European models of the 718 Spyder and Cayman GT4 refitted with two particulate filters one for each tak of cylinders

Euro 6 allows for only one tenth of the previously allowed particulate emissions On European models the exhaust gases are forced through the filter wall trapping soot that is burned off later US models Use a straight through filter design without the expensive, soot trapping precious metal coating. This makes them inert and nothing more than Sound attenuators. Porsche keeps these on US-bound 718 Spyder and Cayman GT4 so It doesn't have to change the specification of the muffler"

03 - Does it good warranty? I would definitely contact your local dealership regarding this matter. As I mentioned above, having a good relationship with your dealer is key in situations as this.

looking forward to hopefully making an order on receipt of the above questions.
Originally Posted by Sausage416
Theoretically yes, however it is a bit more then that. We use a mandrel bender on applications as this, there is a knife edge at the split near the flange which helps accelerate the diversion as opposed simply butting into each other. Hand fabrication, lifetime warranty, few other important factors to be considered. Something you may be interested in, feel free to PM me for forum pricing!!
bradStyle (07-22-2020)
Old 07-23-2020 | 02:39 PM
autoxerGT3RS
Rennlist Member

to confirm what you said above - if the stock system does a 95 db - the over the axle pipes may generate an additional 19 db? so 114 in total? when I contacted your company via chat the response was 3-4 db impact was likely just trying to get a handle on db issue before considering a purchase
Old 07-30-2020 | 12:04 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Default New merge collector design for the OAP?

@Fabspeed Motorsport I see that you have changed the design of the OAP, is this the new configuration going forward?

Any details on the engineering behind the design change?
kart125 (07-30-2020)

Quick Reply: **Fabspeed Motorsport** | 718 GT4/Spyder Exhaust Development