Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

A question of economics, how much cash should you have today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 09:32 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by gatorfast
Some replies in here make it seem like it’s so easy to be a multi millionaire. Just work hard and be smart! There are sooo many factors that go into finding financial success only part of which is hard work and smarts. Being in the right place at the right time is equally if not more important from my experience.
I hear you, made the big $$$ worked hard risked it all but maybe being in the right place is better said by Luck is what happens when preparation and opportunity collide.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (05-15-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 10:06 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by gatorfast
Some replies in here make it seem like it’s so easy to be a multi millionaire. Just work hard and be smart! There are sooo many factors that go into finding financial success only part of which is hard work and smarts. Being in the right place at the right time is equally if not more important from my experience.
Far from easy. Have worked harder than I ever thought I could. Took out a huge loan to set up shop, no guarantee, worked for over a year without salary. And have eaten more **** than I ever thought humanly possible. Being the business owner just means you're beholden to everyone - clients, employees, and referral sources. My accountant says the only people who take home truly big paychecks nowadays are people who own stuff, but he didn't quite explain the sacrifices it takes to do it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Selo:
DFW01TT (05-24-2020), FASTRKMAN (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 10:28 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
Far from easy. Have worked harder than I ever thought I could. Took out a huge loan to set up shop, no guarantee, worked for over a year without salary. And have eaten more **** than I ever thought humanly possible. Being the business owner just means you're beholden to everyone - clients, employees, and referral sources. My accountant says the only people who take home truly big paychecks nowadays are people who own stuff, but he didn't quite explain the sacrifices it takes to do it.
Well said, I Agree. I would have waited for the right on time & place bus about 28 years ago and save me a bunch of Sh69 and had way much more hair now if that was the road to success!

Quick Reply: A question of economics, how much cash should you have today?