Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Gentian Blue Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 11:57 AM
TriggerHappy
Instructor

Received 208 Likes on 84 Posts

For those of you still waiting for your Spyder and are thinking of Gentian blue - there are some amazing shots of the within this video review posted right before Christmas. Posted in the waiting thread but decided to post here as well - Enjoy!

The following users liked this post:
TTFLT6 (01-13-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 10:05 PM
GTEE4.0
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheflat6
Mint!!
thank you!

it’s been fun!
Old 01-15-2022, 03:29 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,801 Likes on 876 Posts

So, my original color choice was GB but I also really like the Spyder classic interior. To be safe, I changed it to silver but my SA convinced me that GB was the way to go so I'm back to that.

Here is what I have: GB, black roof, Spyder classic interior, PCCBs (keeping the yellow brakes), buckets, satin platinum wheels, satin black logos, Bermester, manual, leather steering, shift ****, and visors, painted hoops.

I originally wanted the red roof but I think that is a bit much with the GB. I also thought the yellow calipers may be a bit much but I think it works. I guess if I hate it, I can always paint them.

Current build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN1TRDG8

Last edited by MaddMike; 01-15-2022 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-15-2022, 07:34 PM
TriggerHappy
Instructor

Originally Posted by MaddMike
So, my original color choice was GB but I also really like the Spyder classic interior. To be safe, I changed it to silver but my SA convinced me that GB was the way to go so I'm back to that.

Here is what I have: GB, black roof, Spyder classic interior, PCCBs (keeping the yellow brakes), buckets, satin platinum wheels, satin black logos, Bermester, manual, leather steering, shift ****, and visors, painted hoops.

I originally wanted the red roof but I think that is a bit much with the GB. I also thought the yellow calipers may be a bit much but I think it works. I guess if I hate it, I can always paint them.

Current build:
Hello Mad mike - in the same position (well without an allocation yet 🤞. ) Going GB and classic interior as well. Will not be going PCCBs though - most of the reviews I have read say they are not needed as the stock breaks are more than sufficient unless you are going to track the car - which I probably will not. If I were though, I think I would be paying for the black powder coating for the PCCBs - with the GB and the Bordeaux interior and the yellow might be too much IMO. But that would be me. If I were to get the GB and PCCBs - I would go Speed yellow deviated stitching, speed yellow seatbelts and dials - all the way! Seen similar builds on this thread! Good luck and congrats on your build - very Jealous!
Old 01-15-2022, 08:52 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TriggerHappy
Hello Mad mike - in the same position (well without an allocation yet 🤞. ) Going GB and classic interior as well. Will not be going PCCBs though - most of the reviews I have read say they are not needed as the stock breaks are more than sufficient unless you are going to track the car - which I probably will not. If I were though, I think I would be paying for the black powder coating for the PCCBs - with the GB and the Bordeaux interior and the yellow might be too much IMO. But that would be me. If I were to get the GB and PCCBs - I would go Speed yellow deviated stitching, speed yellow seatbelts and dials - all the way! Seen similar builds on this thread! Good luck and congrats on your build - very Jealous!
You have good tastes my friend. When I started playing with the configurator, I didn't have an allocation either.

As far as the yellow calipers go, everything else is muted and I think they will be fine. I can always change the color if it really bothers me but I think it adds a splash of color and it is the Porsche CCB color. I may still paint them but for now, I'm leaving as is.

As far as street vs. track use, while it is personal preference, the PCCBs are much more suited for street use with the occasional track day. If you are a track rat, you want to go irons unless you have $50k in brake budget per year. On the street, they will outlast the car and pay for themselves as all you will need to do for about 100k miles is flush your fluid every couple of years. They also run clean and keep your wheels and blue paint sans brake dust. And, they look cool.

I had CCB on my last car and closing on 50k miles, they were at 80%. Lots of good threads here on the that.
Old 01-15-2022, 11:05 PM
TriggerHappy
Instructor

You have good tastes my friend. When I started playing with the configurator, I didn't have an allocation either.

As far as the yellow calipers go, everything else is muted and I think they will be fine. I can always change the color if it really bothers me but I think it adds a splash of color and it is the Porsche CCB color. I may still paint them but for now, I'm leaving as is.

As far as street vs. track use, while it is personal preference, the PCCBs are much more suited for street use with the occasional track day. If you are a track rat, you want to go irons unless you have $50k in brake budget per year. On the street, they will outlast the car and pay for themselves as all you will need to do for about 100k miles is flush your fluid every couple of years. They also run clean and keep your wheels and blue paint sans brake dust. And, they look cool.

I had CCB on my last car and closing on 50k miles, they were at 80%. Lots of good threads here on the that.
so what you are saying is I’d be crazy not to! 😂 lol. Well I think I will still save the 10k Canadian and put towards a full PPF and ceramic coating. Hope you get an allocation! Cheers!
Old 01-16-2022, 11:50 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

so what you are saying is I’d be crazy not to! 😂 lol. Well I think I will still save the 10k Canadian and put towards a full PPF and ceramic coating. Hope you get an allocation! Cheers!
For sure, you have to prioritize.

For me, since this is my first custom ordered Porsche, I do plan on keeping it a long time and I am splurging a bit on some options. If I keep it for 100k miles, assuming I would need a brake job every 25k miles at $2-4k a pop, it pays for itself. I do like the extra confidence on some of the twisty mountain roads we have here in North Carolina although, admittedly I probably would never drive it hard and long enough to get the stock irons to fade.

I think I use all that reasoning to justify them when the real reason is I want a clean car and the brake dust really shows on GB.

My local PPF show quoted $5,200 for full PPF which I plan to do. Add another $2k for the OMP delete and another $.7k for the bolster protectors in burgundy bucket seat protectors and I have $7 to spend to bring it home.

Last edited by MaddMike; 01-16-2022 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:01 AM
TriggerHappy
Instructor

For sure, you have to prioritize.

Add another $2k for the OMP delete and another $.7k for the bolster protectors in burgundy bucket seat protectors and I have $7 to spend to bring it home.
What is OMP delete? Thx!
Old 01-17-2022, 01:37 AM
horns
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 105 Posts

Current build:
GB looks great, but have you given chalk any thought if Silver was something you considered? I tell myself I will own a chalk Porsche at some point.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:31 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by horns
GB looks great, but have you given chalk any thought if Silver was something you considered? I tell myself I will own a chalk Porsche at some point.
I have considered chalk and even built that out. However, seeing it in the flesh, I'm not such a big fan. I think it looks better on the 911 but doesn't accentuate the curves as much on the Spyder.
Old 01-17-2022, 10:07 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

What is OMP delete? Thx!
Please read any of the exhaust threads on here or do a search on YouTube. Lots of good info, much more than what I can try to explain.
Old 01-17-2022, 10:44 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,654 Likes on 2,711 Posts

What is OMP delete? Thx!
Please read any of the exhaust threads on here or do a search on YouTube. Lots of good info, much more than what I can try to explain.
OMP? Oil mixing port on a rotary engine I suppose...

Last edited by Westcoast; 01-17-2022 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:06 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
OMP? Oil mixing port on a rotary engine I suppose...
Damn, going back to my old rotary days. OAP is what I meant to type.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:39 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,654 Likes on 2,711 Posts

Damn, going back to my old rotary days. OAP is what I meant to type.
Hah! I figured as much.

I still miss my old FC! It was almost Gentian Blue... was called Brave Blue Mica.

Last edited by Westcoast; 01-17-2022 at 12:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 02:21 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Hah! I figured as much.

I still miss my old FC! It was almost Gentian Blue... was called Brave Blue Mica.

It is what happens when you are posting with one hand and sipping bourbon with the other. My first sports car was an FC that started NA but went built and turbo. Rediculous car. Later, I had a single turbo FD that unfortunately spun out and crashed. Years later, missing that rotary edge, I bought and built out as a widebody turbo FB.

All were money pits but hilariously fun to drive. I could have bought a GT3 with all the cash lost on those and blown engines. Sigh.

Last edited by MaddMike; 01-17-2022 at 03:12 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official Gentian Blue Color Thread