Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 seat weights

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 06:04 PM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 109 Posts

I’m deciding between the 2 ways and buckets for my upcoming GTS 4.0. I’ve had the 2 ways in a previous 981 and loved how easy they were to get in and out of, however long term comfort wise I actually prefer the buckets in my Spyder. Decisions!
Old 03-30-2020, 02:29 AM
alwaysdriving
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by GT4MF
Perfect, thank you. So it’s a considerable difference going from one to the other. But the 2way may be worth the increase for extra comfort.

i also believe the 18way don’t have a setting to save the position, so would be equally annoying as 2 way in that regard.

the LWB are so cool - if I could only get some lower back support I would option them in a second.

Has anyone tried adjusting the position? Tilt and/or adding support?
Although i upted the LWB seats on my 718 GT4 i still have the T2 carbon seats and they weight about 4 kg each and bracket about another 4kg each give or take, meaning both seats with their brackets wouldn't go above 16kg, I still have them from my previous car and they were wonderful (my size is fit with the regular sized seats and i'm about 5'6 height person.

As for weight savings it depends where you want to reach and how much you are willing to budget, i only complained when i changed clutch numbers and flywheel but other things made a much better improvements everywhere (corner, brakes, acceleration, and balance)
lighter batteries is a good value for money and especially when its maintenance item rather than swapping a good oem battery to them. it would shave a 20 kg but out of 1360kg is not noticeable or effective that much.
I also have the tilt supports but waiting for my car to arrive .

Old 04-04-2020, 07:39 AM
alwaysdriving
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by alwaysdriving
Although i upted the LWB seats on my 718 GT4 i still have the T2 carbon seats and they weight about 4 kg each and bracket about another 4kg each give or take, meaning both seats with their brackets wouldn't go above 16kg, I still have them from my previous car and they were wonderful (my size is fit with the regular sized seats and i'm about 5'6 height person.

As for weight savings it depends where you want to reach and how much you are willing to budget, i only complained when i changed clutch numbers and flywheel but other things made a much better improvements everywhere (corner, brakes, acceleration, and balance)
lighter batteries is a good value for money and especially when its maintenance item rather than swapping a good oem battery to them. it would shave a 20 kg but out of 1360kg is not noticeable or effective that much.
I also have the tilt supports but waiting for my car to arrive .

About 9.5kg with their brackets

The seat alone is around 4.5kg
so we are talking around 19kg of both seats + their Set up mounting brackets and rails. Although i’m getting my car once its released from quarantine here i would drive it with its LWBs and then switch to these.
from my past experience the T2 is a great all around seat but not for long trips, seat position is adjustable and in a way reclinable but takes time to adjust.

Last edited by alwaysdriving; 04-05-2020 at 02:51 AM.

Quick Reply: GT4 seat weights