Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Expected delivery date

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 12:30 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 178 Likes on 96 Posts

I believe the CP is the stage on the production line. CT is custom tailoring for cars with cxx options.

I'm starting to wonder if the GT4 is built at Osnabruck and the Spyder is being built at Stuttgart. Based on the vins of the two cars at the Chicago auto show they were built in Stuttgart but those were pre-production US cars. We should find out later today or tomorrow when some US cars are built.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:34 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Loess
I believe the CP is the stage on the production line. CT is custom tailoring for cars with cxx options.

I'm starting to wonder if the GT4 is built at Osnabruck and the Spyder is being built at Stuttgart. Based on the vins of the two cars at the Chicago auto show they were built in Stuttgart but those were pre-production US cars. We should find out later today or tomorrow when some US cars are built.
Thx for the CP & CT clarification. My GT4 is in the body shop as of last Friday delivery for Canada, maybe I can pull a VIN? Also curious as to the tires they put on it so maybe 2 birds at once. I will report back if I get more.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:51 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTRKMAN
Thx WC, you need to get on your SA for a tracking print out best eye candy to look at since the configurator went live. It will give you the skinny on things like your V313 & V314 which are the factory entry & exit compounds. Phone P now!
I have seen his screen a couple of times but the one time he did print it off, it didn't have and of the V-codes on it, it showed the information I shared, interestingly it does name Kornwestheim.

Thx for the CP & CT clarification. My GT4 is in the body shop as of last Friday delivery for Canada, maybe I can pull a VIN? Also curious as to the tires they put on it so maybe 2 birds at once. I will report back if I get more.
If you do manage to get a VIN tells how so we can, same for the tires, I suspect for NA they will be Michelin Cup2, the Dunlop's seem to be used more in Europe.

Also here is the export log for Volkswagen (Porsche) Logistics for this month and early April, with your Emden dates you should be able to determine the actual ship.

Attached Images
Old 03-03-2020, 01:00 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
I have seen his screen a couple of times but the one time he did print it off, it didn't have and of the V-codes on it, it showed the information I shared, interestingly it does name Kornwestheim.

If you do manage to get a VIN tells how so we can, same for the tires, I suspect for NA they will be Michelin Cup2, the Dunlop's seem to be used more in Europe.

Also here is the export log for Volkswagen (Porsche) Logistics for this month and early April, with your Emden dates you should be able to determine the actual ship.
Thx WC for the logistics have been tracking for awhile its due to leave Emden April 10 arrive Halifax April 24 so not the Viking Queen unless its ahead of schedule. Nice tip on the Cup 2's like the VIN your SA will get updated via your tracking page. Still curious as to what your V313 is may cause some stir in the forums if not Osnabruk
Old 03-03-2020, 01:26 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thx WC for the logistics have been tracking for awhile its due to leave Emden April 10 arrive Halifax April 24 so not the Viking Queen unless its ahead of schedule. Nice tip on the Cup 2's like the VIN your SA will get updated via your tracking page. Still curious as to what your V313 is may cause some stir in the forums if not Osnabruk
As you can see mine is due to leave Emden on April 17th but I can't find a logistics sheet for into April yet, I am only hoping they sneak it onto the Viking Queen!

OK, I have something but no V313 or V314, mine shows V333 and V334?

Old 03-03-2020, 01:32 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

As you can see mine is due to leave Emden on April 17th but I can't find a logistics sheet for into April yet, I am only hoping they sneak it onto the Viking Queen!

OK, I have something but no V313 or V314, mine shows V333 and V334?

Thx WC for the intel, I love it stokes the conspiracy theory of the GT4 & Spyder being produced at different locations

Last edited by FASTRKMAN; 03-04-2020 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:38 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thx WC for the intel, I love it stokes the conspiracy theory of the GT4 & Spyder being produced at different locations
Well isn't that interesting... it certainly seems like different build locations!
Old 03-03-2020, 02:00 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

I think you're right, it seems like (at least from what I can read between the lines based on comments prior) the GT4 is built in Osnabruck and Spyder in Zuffenhausen based on where they're kept after completion. Does anyone have a contradictory build schedule (i.e. GT4 V313 at Kornwestheim or Spyder V313 at Osnabruck)?

Just curious, but did you get a confirmation from your dealer that your GT4 went V260 on the day it was scheduled to?

Asking as my original V200 build on January 23rd had a V260 date of March 6th and V300 of April 3rd which seemed like a long time for construction. I made some small changes to my build about 2 weeks later (February 11th a few days before it was supposed to go to V210 on February 14th) but they were both PEM options; once PAG approved the build, my timing shifted with a V260 date of March 20th and V313 of April 10th.

SA advised this was likely due to the number of PEM options I selected (I believe I'm up to 12). Interesting to see Westcoast's build taking about a week for construction while mine is 3 weeks as scheduled.

V314 (exit from Osnabruck) is now April 17th; not really sure why it would sit in the compound for a week after completion (post CP and CT assembly), aside from possibly storing it there vs. at Emden for an additional week, maybe timing deliveries of multiple vehicles for a ship?

On the V313 vs V333, possibly the middle digit is the location, i.e. Osnabruck is 1 and Kornwestheim is 3? It's all starting to make sense...

SA just confirmed I'm still V210 despite having a V260 of March 20th, was expecting to be locked V250 by last week. He did say it should happen any day now, then again he said that last week too!
Old 03-03-2020, 02:05 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Illusive991
I think you're right, it seems like (at least from what I can read between the lines based on comments prior) the GT4 is built in Osnabruck and Spyder in Zuffenhausen based on where they're kept after completion. Does anyone have a contradictory build schedule (i.e. GT4 V313 at Kornwestheim or Spyder V313 at Osnabruck)?

Just curious, but did you get a confirmation from your dealer that your GT4 went V260 on the day it was scheduled to?

Asking as my original V200 build on January 23rd had a V260 date of March 6th and V300 of April 3rd which seemed like a long time for construction. I made some small changes to my build about 2 weeks later (February 11th a few days before it was supposed to go to V210 on February 14th) but they were both PEM options; once PAG approved the build, my timing shifted with a V260 date of March 20th and V313 of April 10th.

SA advised this was likely due to the number of PEM options I selected (I believe I'm up to 12).

V314 (exit from Osnabruck) is now April 17th; not really sure why it would sit in the compound for a week after completion (post CP and CT assembly), aside from possibly storing it there vs. at Emden for an additional week, maybe timing deliveries of multiple vehicles for a ship?

SA just confirmed I'm still V210 despite having a V260 of March 20th, was expecting to be locked V250 by last week. He did say it should happen any day now, then again he said that last week too!
No but he was to let me know of any changes. As my tracker shows my allocation V200 was Sept expected delivery was Jan 30th so I have been pushed around a lot hope all is on schedule now?
Old 03-03-2020, 02:13 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

On a related note, my dealer did indicate that the regular 718 turbo production has had some kind of delay (until Fall IIRC). Don't know if that has any impact on Spyder/GT4 production. He didn't seem to imply that it did.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:19 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
On a related note, my dealer did indicate that the regular 718 turbo production has had some kind of delay (until Fall IIRC). Don't know if that has any impact on Spyder/GT4 production. He didn't seem to imply that it did.
  1. Last year there was a problem with a 718 front unibody section that could crack, they stopped production determined corrective action, all subsequent cars have this corrective design implemented, IIRC those that were built before were recalled and a strengthening plate was applied.
  2. Recently there was a problem with CYL Bank#2 on the 4.0l engine, a fuel rail issue, this was discovered to be installation related on the assembly line and it too has been corrected and those earlier build affected went back to the dealer for remedial action.

As far as I know there is nothing recent to hold up production...
The following users liked this post:
n4v4nod (03-03-2020)
Old 03-03-2020, 04:18 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

1. Last year there was a problem with a 718 front unibody section that could crack, they stopped production determined corrective action, all subsequent cars have this corrective design implemented, IIRC those that were built before were recalled and a strengthening plate was applied.
  2. Recently there was a problem with CYL Bank#2 on the 4.0l engine, a fuel rail issue, this was discovered to be installation related on the assembly line and it too has been corrected and those earlier build affected went back to the dealer for remedial action.

As far as I know there is nothing recent to hold up production...
What he mentioned was something new. He said all the regular 718s were delayed until the Fall. Nothing to do with the 4liter.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:36 PM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 535 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I was told in late '19 that there would be no 4cyl 718's produced in 2020.

I have to wonder about the Chinese supply lines to Porsche though, will Covid-19 cause a parts delay?
Old 03-03-2020, 08:11 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 178 Likes on 96 Posts

So yes it looks like the GT4's are built at the old Karmann factory with a "K" in the vin and the Spyders are being built in Stuttgart with an "S" in the vin.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:56 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

So yes it looks like the GT4's are built at the old Karmann factory with a "K" in the vin and the Spyders are being built in Stuttgart with an "S" in the vin.
Curious how you confirmed this?

Quick Reply: Expected delivery date