Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4 Clubsport MR Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 10:45 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

I love how you managed to keep the factory white and all the factory carbon in your wrap!

For tires, we had so many failures with the Pirellis in the PWC series last year that some of us didnt want to bother finishing the season.
That being said, Pirelli have introduced a new spec tire for this season that is supposed to be better. I tried it for 8 laps at st.petes. They feel softer due to starting pressures are lower. I do not have enough time on them to give an opinion.
The Michelins for IMSA are a little cheaper and were stickier during first heat cycle phaze. I do not suffer failures with them and trust them. They do not last as long as the "last years" pirelli however.

If you got a few bucks to spend, try out the new airbox evo kit. It deletes the rear quarter windows in place of better air ducts to the motor. You can hear the difference in the cockpit. Horse Power stays longer in the heat of summer.
The following 2 users liked this post by tcsracing1:
DFW01TT (05-15-2020), sobiloff (04-02-2020)
Old 05-01-2020, 02:38 PM
kayakerx
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kkabba
how's it coming along?
Finally back from the wrap place. Still need to add all of the supporting decals, but I have a cutter that can handle those. All dressed up and no place to go!! Hope you guys approve!!

The following 7 users liked this post by kayakerx:
Goggles Paisano (05-13-2020), Hit Apex (05-10-2020), matttheboatman (05-01-2020), phefner (05-01-2020), Pokerhobo (05-01-2020), sobiloff (05-03-2020), Westcoast (05-01-2020) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-01-2020, 03:03 PM
718GT4.0
User

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by kayakerx
Finally back from the wrap place. Still need to add all of the supporting decals, but I have a cutter that can handle those. All dressed up and no place to go!! Hope you guys approve!!

Love it, well done!
Old 05-01-2020, 03:07 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 660 Likes on 344 Posts

Looks amazing! What rims are those?
Old 05-01-2020, 03:25 PM
kayakerx
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
Looks amazing! What rims are those?
Standard BBS that come with the Clubsport. The MR versions have different wheels (I believe), as you can see in the earlier posts in this thread. Not sure if the track day version is different. This is the competition version.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:40 PM
Jet Jockey
Pro

Received 263 Likes on 144 Posts

WOW! Beautiful cars guys!

Old 05-01-2020, 11:00 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by kayakerx
Standard BBS that come with the Clubsport. The MR versions have different wheels (I believe), as you can see in the earlier posts in this thread. Not sure if the track day version is different. This is the competition version.

Track day comes with APP TECH wheels. They look the same. Wrap looks great and without the splitter looks like it has teeth!

The following users liked this post:
kayakerx (05-02-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 12:28 AM
drabe
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gorgeous. Hope I see it this summer
Old 05-02-2020, 01:30 AM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 535 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan_S
For tires, figure out what racing series/classes are using your size slick. Buy takeoffs. You can often get a set of slicks with 2-3 heat cycles for just a quarter of the cost new. This is great for track days or practice sessions where you don't need to burn up your best rubber. Or find the guy in the paddock that needs stickers for every event and buy his takeoffs! They are out there!

EDIT: I see this is my first post ever on RL. Just started here as I have recently put a deposit on a GT4 for Euro Delivery. 20 years of BMWs and now ready to make the transition. BRZ dedicated track car.
Welcome to Rennlist and Porsche tracking.
That's a strong first post, may they get stronger every tenth post!
You'll be a legend in no time.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:18 PM
kayakerx
Advanced

Originally Posted by zedcat
Track day comes with APP TECH wheels. They look the same. Wrap looks great and without the splitter looks like it has teeth!
MY MISTAKE!!! So I have those exact wheels. Just looked at my extra set. They are App Tech as well! I just assumed BBS since my second set was sent in BBS boxes. Guess Motorsport just recycled some extra boxes in the warehouse.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:56 PM
Hit Apex
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Zedcat - thank You for your feedback and I look forward to reading about your findings wrt trying out various slicks.

Truth is that there aren't many others locally I can reach out to as not many 718 clubsports in Canada at DE, private track days and PCA club races.

And this is my first experience with a race car so I'm incredibly green at lots of stuff. I have a great team that will be maintaining the car but it is encouraging to know that there is good knowledge and experience that I can leverage on this forum!

I can't wait to drive a race car for first time - looking forward to going faster in the corners and for being in a much safer vehicle. I also hear race cars are epic fun
Kkaba, this is your first race car?! Talk about going for it. Congratulations!

There was one of these at an open lapping day near me several months ago. I spent some time talking with the owner, sat in the car and obviously watched him ripping around the track. He was having a ball.
Old 05-14-2020, 05:39 PM
Nordic Flyer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool car, love it
One question, how do you refuel it? You use the Premier refuelling bottles?
Old 05-14-2020, 11:04 PM
kkabba
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordic Flyer
Cool car, love it
One question, how do you refuel it? You use the Premier refuelling bottles?

I’ll be using a Fuel Safe dump can - nothing too fancy for DE and club racing. Here’s a pic:

Old 05-14-2020, 11:08 PM
kkabba
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Hit Apex
Kkaba, this is your first race car?! Talk about going for it. Congratulations!

There was one of these at an open lapping day near me several months ago. I spent some time talking with the owner, sat in the car and obviously watched him ripping around the track. He was having a ball.

thank you - and it looks like race tracks will open up in Ontario in time for my first scheduled DE end of May so VERY excited to try the race car for the first time @ Mosport.

Will report preliminary thoughts on the car afterwards.

Im trying out the Pirelli slicks as well.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:10 AM
Hit Apex
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

thank you - and it looks like race tracks will open up in Ontario in time for my first scheduled DE end of May so VERY excited to try the race car for the first time @ Mosport.

Will report preliminary thoughts on the car afterwards.

Im trying out the Pirelli slicks as well.
Excellent! Maybe share some in-car video with us?

Quick Reply: 718 GT4 Clubsport MR Delivery