Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 Locking Lug Nuts

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 11:43 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts
Default GT4 Locking Lug Nuts

I'm new to this forum having just purchased a very basic (only option is the fire extinguisher) used 2016 white/black GT4 with 24K miles from Carmax this weekend. Pictures will follow when it's cleaned up to my higher standards. I haven't had time to thoroughly go through the car and owners manual yet but did notice it didn't have locking lug nuts. My earlier pre-purchase research revealed they came standard with the car. I'm preparing my first Suncoast GT4 parts order now and would like to know if I need to include locking lug nuts?. Thanks
Old 11-18-2019, 12:28 PM
BillC3
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

My GT4 did not come with locking lug bolts, and I bought/ordered it new. I'm pretty sure none of the 981 GT4s came from the factory with locking lugs, and I don't remember that being on the options list either. That's okay on a GT car, since locking lugs are a pain to deal with, especially when swapping track wheels on/off.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:00 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Depending on where you live, lock nuts might not be worth the hassle. To me, it s more hindrance than practical. You need the key to mount/dismount your wheels and if you lost it like me (happened twice after the tire shop tech forgotten to return it to me), gave me a major headache when I needed it. Besides I use aftermarket Ti lug nuts and would be an eyesore using one lock nut on every wheel.

Quick Reply: GT4 Locking Lug Nuts