Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Tips on grabbing a Spyder allocation at MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 02:04 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Tips on grabbing a Spyder allocation at MSRP

1. Patience. In my experience, your determination in getting an allocation should not reek of desperation. Try to be Buddhist about the experience if you know what I mean. Be the best version of yourself in any dealings with Porsche.
2. Enthusiasm. You need Porsche to know you are a Porsche lover which means you should start building a relationship with a specific Porsche SA asap. If you walk in to a dealership out of the blue as a stranger and request a much coveted car, then I don't think you will have much luck. You need to start calling or visiting your dealership and introduce yourself and get an SA's business card and start building a relationship so you are not a stranger.
3. Clarity. Make sure your SA knows about your interest in a particular model. Be clear about your car preferences and pricing up front so there are no surprises down the road. If you want to build your car, then you need to say so upfront. If you will only buy at MSRP, then you need to say that upfront.
4. Be Nice. Yes, You are the guy with all the money, but they have the car you want so Respect your SA and his role as well as his circumstances. He's often at the mercy of the Sales Manager/owner so don't hold a grudge if things go south. There are plenty of Great Dealerships so be prepared to walk if you feel that it's not a "great" dealership or that they are not interested in building a "relationship" and just looking to make a quick buck.

My 2 cents and if anyone has other advise please contribute here.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:29 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,007 Likes on 574 Posts

I will skip the SA and have a relationship with the general manager.. Why
1. I find them much more mature, respectful and reasonable. Also they know what they are talking about .. They don't become a GM by accident
2. They hold the cards
3. less chance of turnovers as compared to SA
My 2 cents
Old 11-17-2019, 03:02 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
I will skip the SA and have a relationship with the general manager.. Why
1. I find them much more mature, respectful and reasonable. Also they know what they are talking about .. They don't become a GM by accident
2. They hold the cards
3. less chance of turnovers as compared to SA
My 2 cents
Hey, I agree 100% and a good SA will introduce you to the GM and Get his card if you are able. And later if they send you a Christmas card, darn send them one too! LOL The point is to be an active fan and get out to the dealership. Also helps imho to visit sites like this and do your research. A great dealership will leave a wake of grateful customers. Yes, older people rock! If you are lucky enough to have a choice of SA's then go with the guy who makes you feel comfortable.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:22 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,014 Posts

I'd like to add a few other thoughts.

Go to every one of their events. Socialize with them. Even if you are not going to buy the next SUV, go to their rollouts.
Service your cars there if you already have a Porsche.
Become FB or linked-in friends with them.
Always be honest and up front with them
Join the local PCA and be involved. Build relationships.

Some SAs are different than others. The ones I have dealt with know their **** and own Porshces. Long time employees.
The following users liked this post:
evilfij (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 10:08 AM
abarthguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 283 Likes on 173 Posts

Wait 'til April......

Quick Reply: Tips on grabbing a Spyder allocation at MSRP