Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I Crazy??? 2024 911T to 2024 718 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2024 | 07:19 PM
Porsched
Advanced

Originally Posted by meyecul
I am strongly considering a similar scenario. I ordered my 2023 base 992 built to my exact desire. I have had the car 16 months and love love owning it, love love looking at it, but if being completely honest with myself cannot say that I love love the driving experience of it. As others have said, its such a good capable car (almost too good), but its not my daily driver (21 Macan GTS for that) and just does not feel as much of an occasion when I take it out as I expected. If it were my only car, no brainer, I would keep. If I went 718 GTS 4.0, it would be a manual for the engagement.

Another part of the struggle is I waited my whole life to own a 911 (saved many years to reach this goal) and the thought of giving it up is painful (especially since it was my custom build). I am really not sure what to do. I can have a GTS 4.0 allocation right now from my dealer if I want it and given only 1600 miles on my 992, would be an strong easy trade (I know, shame on me with that milage, but life has been busy). I have to make the decision soon so not sure if I go for it or maybe wait for the next 911 T. Not sure the T would give me the engagement that I must be seeking given still a 992 platform. Would be an easier decision if this was not the end of 718 4.0 and could be my one shot at an allocation. Oh what to do...
Funny. I have a 16 month old BGTS 4.0. I love it. I felt it was the more fun driving experience and that’s why I bought it. But if I could trade it for a 992 without losing my shirt I would do it. Why? I don’t know. It’s partly the 911 thing and partly that I would appreciate the extra space in the cabin. And probably because the grass is always greener on the other side. I still think the 718 is the more fun car to drive. I remember renting the 992 through Porsche Drive and after a day it felt a little boring unless I pushed it. The 718 is a toy at all times, especially with the top down. But after driving it almost 4K miles I wouldn’t mind the 992. Maybe it’s not so crazy to want to switch things up. I normally keep my cars about 10 years but that certainly limits variety. So I say switch it out if you can.
The following users liked this post:
meyecul (10-12-2024)
Old 10-13-2024 | 11:46 PM
718GTS4L
Instructor

Originally Posted by Porsched
Funny. I have a 16 month old BGTS 4.0. I love it. I felt it was the more fun driving experience and that’s why I bought it. But if I could trade it for a 992 without losing my shirt I would do it. Why? I don’t know. It’s partly the 911 thing and partly that I would appreciate the extra space in the cabin. And probably because the grass is always greener on the other side. I still think the 718 is the more fun car to drive. I remember renting the 992 through Porsche Drive and after a day it felt a little boring unless I pushed it. The 718 is a toy at all times, especially with the top down. But after driving it almost 4K miles I wouldn’t mind the 992. Maybe it’s not so crazy to want to switch things up. I normally keep my cars about 10 years but that certainly limits variety. So I say switch it out if you can.
thats the exact reason why i would keep the 718 GTS 4.0

the only thing that would make me consider trading is a GT3
The following 2 users liked this post by 718GTS4L:
mikedee (10-17-2024), Porsched (10-14-2024)

Quick Reply: Am I Crazy??? 2024 911T to 2024 718 GTS