Sponsored by:

Wireless Carplay / Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2024, 10:35 PM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 417 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by JCtx
Thank you for that info. If the phone fits in the center console, I rather do that, than having wires dangling about. Ha ha. Thank you. I have a very short USB-A to USB-C cable that hope it works. I almost always connect the phone to charge when in the car, so I don't mind that CarPlay is wired, since it'll be hooked all the time anyway. If the data port was in a different place, then I'd for sure consider that. But glad the center console port is the data one, and that my large phone fits in there. I always put it in the center console, so prefer to keep that 'tradition'. Ha ha. Thanks again for the help.
The last thing I want to know is if the glove box USB-A port is good to read a music stick, or it's just strictly for charging. Or just for storing music from a CD, or something (it still has one, right? Ha ha). Thank you.
JC
Make sure that the cable is a good quality USB data cable and not just a USB charging cable.

For those that use Android Auto instead of Apple CarPlay, you can use the
Carlinkit 4.0 Carlinkit 4.0
(not 5.0!!!) that will convert your AA to CP either wired or wirelessly.

The following users liked this post:
bobbyp (07-17-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 11:33 PM
CUGTS
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My IPhone 14 ProMax can fit in the central console and still with little extra space. Previously I tried Carlinkit, but it keeps dropping out after around 10-minute drive. Afterwards, I switched to the wired connection and never had the problem.

Last edited by CUGTS; 07-17-2024 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-18-2024, 12:20 AM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike981S
Make sure that the cable is a good quality USB data cable, and not just a USB charging cable.
That's an excellent point. Even supposed data cables can act up when used with CP. What I'll probably do is buy an original Apple cable, and carry it in the glove box for those occasions where I need to use CP. I don't believe they make short ones, so I'd only use it when using CP, and put the phone inside the passenger net. Thank you for your help.
Mike981S (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 12:22 AM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike981S
Make sure that the cable is a good quality USB data cable, and not just a USB charging cable.
That's an excellent point. Even supposed data cables can act up when used with CP. What I'll probably do is buy an original Apple cable, and carry it in the glove box for those occasions where I need to use CP. I don't believe they make short ones, so I'd only use it when using CP, and put the phone inside the passenger net. Thank you for your help. And guess I'll find out by myself if my USB music stick works when inserted in the glove box port. I don't use it often, so no biggie if it doesn't work.
Mike981S (07-18-2024)

Quick Reply: Wireless Carplay / Navigation