Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Three short beeps when driving aggressively - what is it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2023, 01:23 PM
elt38
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I am now almost entirely convinced it's the dashcam. I have now heard the same beeps when I lowered the car off of a jack, as well as when opening and closing the doors a lot while it has been parked for a while. Each of those occasions would be an "event" that would trigger a special recording. I'm not 100% sure because I can't find the Event directory on the MicroSD card, but its the only theory that fits the various ways in which I have now heard the same three beeps - even when the car was off and not moving.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!
The following users liked this post:
reacp911 (01-17-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 03:20 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,050 Posts

Originally Posted by elt38
I am now almost entirely convinced it's the dashcam. I have now heard the same beeps when I lowered the car off of a jack, as well as when opening and closing the doors a lot while it has been parked for a while. Each of those occasions would be an "event" that would trigger a special recording. I'm not 100% sure because I can't find the Event directory on the MicroSD card, but its the only theory that fits the various ways in which I have now heard the same three beeps - even when the car was off and not moving.
Why don’t you just unplug the d@nm thing and see if the beeping goes away? Then you will be certain and you can plug it back in.
The following 4 users liked this post by worf928:
Aronis (01-18-2023), BondJ (01-15-2023), BoxKing (01-15-2023), UncleDude (01-15-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 10:30 AM
borivojc
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elt38

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!
Good catch - my VAVA dash cam is doing the same thing but there's an option inside the system settings where you can adjust the g-shock sensor sensitivity. After I adjusted/lowered the sensitivity the amount of false triggers decreased dramatically.
Old 01-18-2023, 05:54 PM
elt38
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by worf928
Why don’t you just unplug the d@nm thing and see if the beeping goes away? Then you will be certain and you can plug it back in.
I can't unplug it - it's hardwired. But I did try turning it off and the beeps went away. I also finally connected and was able to turn down the sensitivity, so that should cure it.
Old 01-18-2023, 05:55 PM
elt38
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by borivojc
Good catch - my VAVA dash cam is doing the same thing but there's an option inside the system settings where you can adjust the g-shock sensor sensitivity. After I adjusted/lowered the sensitivity the amount of false triggers decreased dramatically.
I finally was able to connect to the dashcam (that's a long story in itself) and adjust the sensitivity. Looks good so far!
Old 01-19-2023, 04:10 PM
MGIN
AutoX

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by borivojc
just randomly saw this thread and then had this pop up in Instagram :

View this post on Instagram

I assume this beeping in the video is what you might be referring to. I don’t have any answers or suggestions but thought this might help if indeed it is the same beep you are hearing. I had never heard this before until I saw this video. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Three short beeps when driving aggressively - what is it?