Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picture of windshield mounted electronics with covers removed on a PDLS+ car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 11:48 PM
martopoulos
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Picture of windshield mounted electronics with covers removed on a PDLS+ car?

So, some of you may have seen the long thread/guide I wrote about retrofitting LED/PDLS+ headlights. The very last step, which I hadn't done until now, was to *replace the entire windshield* with the variant that comes with the lane change assist camera mount (and a clear cut out for the camera lens in the windshield shade band). Welp, I finally cracked my windshield (hurray?) and replaced it with the camera mount equipped one. Problem is, the GPS and mobile phone antennas don't fit in the places they used to; the mount behind the shade band looks rather different.

I searched high and low and could not find a pic with both covers removed (the lower part near the mirror stem, not the one with homelink buttons etc.) on a PDLS+ equipped car. Would someone mind sharing some pics of what it looks like uncovered? I guess it would also work if it's not PDLS+ but has Lane Change Assist, as they apparently use the same camera.

Here's what I'm working with:

(Above) This is the OLD mount, which has places for everything

New mount showing the cut out for the camera lens

The aluminum piece in front houses the mobile antenna. The green chipset in the back is the GPS antenna.

Last edited by martopoulos; 04-13-2022 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-14-2022, 04:55 AM
martopoulos
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

This is the best picture I could find, unfortunately (taken from a 911). It's too blurry to be very useful, but I do think it shows the same GPS antenna mounted center right. I wedged mine into that position, though not 100% sure I got it right. The Mobile Phone Antenna, however, is nowhere to be found in the pic and I'm beginning to wonder if I need a different one altogether.

Old 04-14-2022, 05:27 AM
martopoulos
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Oh, I found a better picture that clears up everything. I have the GPS antenna mounted in the right spot (just needed to finagle it a bit more to push it all the way down). The mobile phone antenna, however, is a new part and slots in on the far right. I'm not sure why it's missing from the picture above, but this unit has it:

Appears to use the same connector, as well, thankfully.