Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Inflation price check on Maintinance (Houston)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 02:12 PM
Sajan
Pro

Received 302 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by dmk2
https://flat6werks.com

Stop looking. Call Chris. There is a reason he doesn't advertise here. He doesn't have to.
I will call him Monday.
Need to do a few things..brake fluid, plugs, drive belt, and PDK gear oil.
will he let me bring the parts?
Old 03-08-2022, 06:48 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

My car was at 1,500 miles so I took it in for an oil change to flush out whatever was left in during the manufacturing process. Just an oil change. No fuel treatment. No inspection. Just an oil change. They charged me $425 including 2.6 hours of labor.

I understand the dealer trying to maximize revenue. But I feel really bad for the tech who has to claim it took him 2.6 hours to do an oil change. That has to beat down his self-respect over time.

Old 03-08-2022, 10:19 PM
ForeverCar
Burning Brakes

Received 454 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
My car was at 1,500 miles so I took it in for an oil change to flush out whatever was left in during the manufacturing process. Just an oil change. No fuel treatment. No inspection. Just an oil change. They charged me $425 including 2.6 hours of labor.

I understand the dealer trying to maximize revenue. But I feel really bad for the tech who has to claim it took him 2.6 hours to do an oil change. That has to beat down his self-respect over time.
Most dealerships go with “book” time (service manual stated time vs actual time took to do the work). Of course, it’s also asymmetrical as you always get charged more for complication.
The following users liked this post:
Sajan (03-08-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 11:29 PM
Sajan
Pro

Stop looking. Call Chris. There is a reason he doesn't advertise here. He doesn't have to.
Tried his online contact form and I asked for an estimate for brake fluid flush, drive belt and spark plugs. Unfortunately I had bought the parts from Pelican since I was going to attempt at least the belt and plugs..
He said - Hello, My services include parts and labor together. I don't provide labor only services for general maintenance items. There are several shops in Houston that do this type of service, and may be a better fit for you. Thank you and have a great day.

Replied back and said sure, how much would it be with parts and labor then, I can return the parts..

He never replied back..
Old 03-09-2022, 01:14 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by ForeverCar
Most dealerships go with “book” time (service manual stated time vs actual time took to do the work). Of course, it’s also asymmetrical as you always get charged more for complication.
I'm quite familiar with that concept. We all are. I simply can't believe there is a book that says an oil change takes 2.6 hours.
Old 03-09-2022, 02:41 PM
servicemodel
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy

LOL I'm sure he doesn't give two ****s as long he's getting paid a high rate for oil changes.
Old 03-09-2022, 02:52 PM
servicemodel
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I find it hard to believe the 5 year maintenance service would have only cost $460 + tax from the dealer. That means you paid even less than that since yours was prepaid. I say this because I purchased a 2nd year (or 20,000 mi) and 3 year (30,000 mi) prepaid maintenance for about $1000 each. I know full well I overpaid but it was worth not having to worry about any maintenance for 3 years and also rolling it into the cost of the car.

Can I ask how much you paid for your prepaid maintenance for 5 years so maybe we can gauge how much the prices have increased?
Old 03-15-2022, 03:28 PM
Sajan
Pro

Originally Posted by Klepper
+1
How do you y'all schedule service with him? I've been trying for quite a few days now with no luck.
When I call it goes straight to voicemail.
Did I say something wrong? I mean I am sorry for buying parts...didn't think it would insult him?

Customer Comments
Hello! I wanted to get a few things done on a 2014 Cayman S. Can you please provide an estimate on labor costs?
- Spark plugs
- Drive belt
- PDK gear oil (already did clutch fluid recently)
- Brake fluid flush
I bought the parts already.
Thank you!

Chris Casarez

3/7/22 at 4:54 PM
Hello
My services include parts and labor together. I don't provide labor only services for general maintenance items.
There are several shops in Houston that do this type of service, and may be a better fit for you.

Thank you and have a great day.

Me
3/7/22 at 5:02 PM
Oh ok. How much would it be with parts then?
I can return what I bought.

Chris Casarez
3/7/22 at 7:48 PM
I would need the VIN number please

Me
3/7/22 at 7:49 PM
2014 Porsche Cayman S VIN:
Estimate please for
- Spark plugs
- Drive belt
- Brake fluid flush

Me
Wednesday at 9:23 PM
Hi, just following up

Quick Reply: 2022 Inflation price check on Maintinance (Houston)