Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gloss black/deviated front grilles and rear fascia?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2021, 05:16 PM
nel blu
3rd Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Gloss black/deviated front grilles and rear fascia?

Hi folks!

Just another lurker driving myself crazy with all of the options in the configurator, no pun intended. I'm currently stuck in the Exterior section, and I'm hoping that someone can confirm their experience and/or point me in the right direction. Essentially, I have two questions:

1. Exterior Pieces in Gloss Black
Thanks to (what I think is) inconsistent wording, I'm confused on what can come painted in High Gloss Black and what cannot. Consider these three options:
  • Rear Wing in High Gloss Black
  • Front Grille Slats Painted
    • Info icon: "...painted in exterior color or High Gloss Black"
    • Option Color icon: "No differing color" or "Black"
  • Lower Rear Fascia in Exterior Color
    • Option Color icon: "No differing color" or "Black"
My question is: for the 2nd and 3rd options, if I select Black as the color will the color painted on the corresponding part be High Gloss Black?

Would love to see pictures if someone has a car ordered from factory with standard exterior pieces (i.e. not SportDesign) painted in High Gloss Black

2. Exterior Package Painted, in Contrasting Color
Has anyone come across any examples/photos of this? I see it as an option, but in all of my searching I have yet to come across a 718 that came with a deviated exterior package paint. Would love to see some photos if possible since the configurator won't render this option.

I really appreciate the help here!
Old 08-29-2021, 08:09 PM
UofMiamiProf
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

What model are you building?
Old 09-01-2021, 12:06 AM
nel blu
3rd Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Building a Cayman S -- not interested in the plastic looking bits, but also don't want the SportDesign package.

For reference, I've been scouring the web and finally came across a couple of examples! Hopefully this can be helpful for other folks who are also curious about this, but it looks like both gloss black exterior package and deviated exterior package color are possible and have been done at least once each, haha. Would love to see more examples, but pictures below!

Example of standard exterior package painted in (gloss?) black:

Example of standard exterior package painted in deviated color:

Old 09-01-2021, 11:00 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,461 Likes on 2,362 Posts

If you are not able to spec it the way you want just get the parts painted once it arrives? I have been doing that for years, and I use Eric at bumperplugs.com or a local body shop that has a great painter for larger pieces.

Quick Reply: Gloss black/deviated front grilles and rear fascia?