Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do interesting colors make your car a "cop magnet"?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 09:16 AM
confused66
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Do interesting colors make your car a "cop magnet"?

I don't really care for Porsche's options of colors for BGTS so I was thinking of wrapping the car in the following (yes, I know, it would look different on a BGTS, but I saw a Youtube review of the BGTS 4.0 in (I think) UV and fell in love.)

KPMF Matte Iced Amethyst Titanium

The color change wouldn't affect resale as I would get it stripped before I sold it and it would be back to the unblemished Silver for the prospective buyer.

For anyone who's got a wrapped or PTS car that is different from the normal palette, do you feel like you've attracted any additional attention (from law enforcement specifically) because your car stood out even more? My current build (supposedly a Fall delivery, but who knows) is Dolomite Silver with 911 Turbo Wheels and a Blue roof.

Thanks for your insights!
Old 08-08-2021, 06:18 PM
fantom
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Dolomite with a blue top will good GREAT!

Irresponsible driving will attract lots more law enforcement attention than car color in my 'extensive' experience.
Old 08-08-2021, 06:56 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 897 Likes on 550 Posts

It's huge myth. I've had colorful cars most of my life. Driving like a jerk or going noticeable faster than those around you is what draws cops' attention.
The following users liked this post:
Lugnutty (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 12:39 PM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Driving a Racing Yellow Boxster doesn't seem to have attracted any police attention here, but it sure attracts admiring glances otherwise.

That purple is amazing—do it! (And don't undo it until you know the new purchaser doesn't want it.)

Quick Reply: Do interesting colors make your car a "cop magnet"?