Sponsored by:

Click/pop/clunk - CTGS

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 07:49 PM
FLCAYMAN
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Click/pop/clunk - CTGS

When just getting underway I sometimes get a pop/clunk from an area behind the driver’s seat. I first thought it was the locking mechanism, but I’ve since switched the car to lock at ignition on so that’s not it. It does indeed sound like a locking mechanism. It may be perfectly normal for all I know. Thoughts? thx

EDIT I should note you can actually feel it when it happens. That’s why I was sure it was a locking mechanism slamming shut.

Last edited by FLCAYMAN; 07-25-2021 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:11 PM
FLCAYMAN
Racer

Seems I’m the only one hearing this. Damn.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:06 AM
rhitee93
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a base Cayman with a manual transmission. Some mornings the brake pads will stick to the rotors a bit when I first take off. If I let the parking brake disengage automatically when I set off rather than turning off manually, I will get a bit of a pop/clunk as the pads break free from the rotors.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:30 AM
FLCAYMAN
Racer

Originally Posted by rhitee93
I have a base Cayman with a manual transmission. Some mornings the brake pads will stick to the rotors a bit when I first take off. If I let the parking brake disengage automatically when I set off rather than turning off manually, I will get a bit of a pop/clunk as the pads break free from the rotors.
Thanks. That’s not it and I should have updated the post. Turns out it is indeed my doors locking. For whatever reason my “lock on ignition” feature isn’t working. I had assumed it was so I dismissed the idea of the sound being the locks. Wrong. I’ll say I’m a bit surprised the Porsche locking mechanism is so loud, but no big deal.

Quick Reply: Click/pop/clunk - CTGS