Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 03:54 AM
Jeff Van Arsdale
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fhp911
Aha !!

My GT4 was equipped with the Dunlops.
mine also and I’m not sure how much road noise there is as a result of not having the Michelin’s in there won’t know till it’s time TJ change the tires . Aka I know is the GTS 4.0 718 is quieter and better for your hearing than the droneing GT4 2021 PDK . I’m scheduling an appointment to have that vacuum valve and fake noise pipe removed . German porsche Laguna Hills says they have removed 4 so far this year and they are all PDK variants . I was told that the PDK seems to be the more droaning and technically there is more torque in that set up . But my ears tell me all’s I need to know . I driven the GTS and have the GT4 . If I had it to do over again I’d get the GTS 4.0 much more livable and enjoyable to drive . The GT4 looks bad *** but it’s so low so raw and so stripped of sound deadening , unless you’re a hard core track rat , it makes no sense on the street I’m hoping removing that sound enhancing piped in nonsense makes me keep it as I absolutely have to drive with earplugs presently . I have good hearing becauSe I have protected it through the years . Even an article I read about the GT4 stated “ unless you have advanced hearing loss and are a masochist ( suggested too loud and too rough riding ) the GT4 is NOT a daily driver . Not to mention the buckets entry and exit . Great car but a track car . Unfortunately I learned the hard way that although the gts doesn’t look as cool , the GTS is the right car for great all around street driving fun no doubt . Good luck 🍀
Old 03-25-2022, 05:47 AM
aus
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

OP, get rid of the drone tube and change the tires out to 4S and it'll be much more livable.
Don't get buckets unless you're willing to help the date in and out of them.
My wife is fine with the car but just says it's too loud.
But I still have to get rid of the drone tube.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:42 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,831 Likes on 2,163 Posts

Guys you’re bumping an old thread from an OP with 5 posts and is no longer around.

Thread closed
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (03-31-2022)

Quick Reply: GT4 Cabin Noise