Sponsored by:

Scrap Amor

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 05:14 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,457 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
But what did it save you? Was it cheaper than just putting a new plastic lip on 5 years down the road? Do you regularly get down on the ground and look at the bottom of your splitter?
The price of SlipLo is less than a splitter. I am not here to argue - many like me have used it and like it, that's all.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:31 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
The price of SlipLo is less than a splitter. I am not here to argue - many like me have used it and like it, that's all.
I'm not arguing, I'm actually trying to understand why one would use this product given the low cost of a new splitter and the lack of visibility of underside scratches. That's all.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:15 AM
randombum
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I'm not arguing, I'm actually trying to understand why one would use this product given the low cost of a new splitter and the lack of visibility of underside scratches. That's all.
Any idea of the cost of a new splitter on avg.? I honestly don't know but am skeptical it's less than the $100 that the product costs. Plus the effort to replace the splitter or the cost of labor to have it done.

I haven't bought this but am considering it, so to answer question about why care about scraping on the underside that you can't see..... Eventually enough scraping turns from an aesthetic issue to a parts failure issue. Also i.ve had cars with low trim that scrapes and it can get a shredded look that is visible from the topside. If resale is a concern the aesthetic of a protective device that is installed vs. a shredded underside speaks to care of the car. And lastly if this product truly reduces friction that helps with reducing the impact damage.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:29 AM
Ryan391
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Even if you replace the splitter the sides are exposed. In fact my car has more scrapes on the paint to the right and left than to the replaceable splitter. This is from my attempt to angle my approach and still hit the bumper. My original post was inquiring about Scrape Amor, which goes the whole length. Although I think the slip low is a good idea, I already have some damage, and the Scape Armor would cover that. If I do repair the damage, slip low would be nice, but I also have clear bra, so I am not sure how all this would work together. I actually really wish I could add the Spider splitter to my GTS. That would be ideal for me.

Quick Reply: Scrap Amor