Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update: All turned out more than okay!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 01:47 PM
pgelo
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Update: All turned out more than okay!

What’s up guys, about 3 months back I purchased my first Porsche, a CPO’d 2019 718 Cayman and had some issues.

Long story short , I got some replies in agreement with me and others who told me suck it up and enjoy the car.

Just to give an update, the dealer replaced my windshield with OEM glass at no charge, and I have been enjoying the car ever since!

Did some very minor cosmetic mods to clean the look up, and I’ve been playing with the idea of grabbing an aftermarket exhaust. However, I’m concerned about voiding my factory warranty.

Furthermore, the car came with PSE so I’m not even sure an aftermarket would give me much of a difference in exhaust note anyway, could use some insight on that as well.

Attached below is an album of how the car looks now; I think it came out pretty nice!

https://imgur.com/gallery/MKbvV2y

The following 2 users liked this post by pgelo:
cerbomark (12-05-2020), Vgj (11-29-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 12:43 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 120 Posts

Glad you got some movement on that, as for exhaust, not sure it's worth it, you have PSE and if I recall your car came with basically delivery miles. The exhaust will open up around 4,000 miles and it's fine for that car, some hate it but with PSE you get a decent sound out of the car in Sport mode. Anything aftermarket still has to overcome the T4 anyway so I would think any improvements would be marginal at best over the PSE. Save your money for some extra rubber and go to the track
The following users liked this post:
Asker509 (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 12:52 PM
pgelo
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckett76
Glad you got some movement on that, as for exhaust, not sure it's worth it, you have PSE and if I recall your car came with basically delivery miles. The exhaust will open up around 4,000 miles and it's fine for that car, some hate it but with PSE you get a decent sound out of the car in Sport mode. Anything aftermarket still has to overcome the T4 anyway so I would think any improvements would be marginal at best over the PSE. Save your money for some extra rubber and go to the track
Hey man, thanks for the reply; yea I got the car with 1500 on the clock, I didn’t know the exhaust opens up even a bit more at around 4k.

I’ve definitely noticed that I hit 3100 miles now the exhaust note is a little more aggressive, looking forward to how it sounds going forward!

Old 12-01-2020, 12:06 AM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by pgelo
Hey man, thanks for the reply; yea I got the car with 1500 on the clock, I didn’t know the exhaust opens up even a bit more at around 4k.

I’ve definitely noticed that I hit 3100 miles now the exhaust note is a little more aggressive, looking forward to how it sounds going forward!
I'm glad the car is working out for you.

The exhaust note keeps getting better (IMO) for quite a few miles as the 'tinny' sound gets muffled by the increase in carbon deposits. The carbon also smooths the corners and welds, etc. to give a better note.

The standard exhaust (I have a 2017 with no PSE) sounds great, the PSE is only (I have heard) just a small bit louder, and the 3rd party exhausts have many different characteristics depending on vendor and construction. So... enjoy it like it is and if you want a change down the track then go for it.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:30 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

Nice, they look great in dark colors don't they.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:02 PM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 369 Likes on 232 Posts

Glad to hear it worked out for you and you are enjoying the car!!

RGS
- Radiator Grille Store

OEM Look, Economical Protection
www.radiatorgrillestore.com

Old 12-14-2020, 08:07 PM
AF330i
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Your car looks great, glad to hear everything worked out, I see you tinted the windows and changed out the front turn signals to clear ... any other mods I am missing ?

Quick Reply: Update: All turned out more than okay!