Sponsored by:

Missing Sport Response Button

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 08:12 PM
pbfoot3
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Missing Sport Response Button

First time, long time-er here. I'm looking at getting into my first P car and have mostly landed on a 718 GTS or highly-optioned S. Key option for me is sport chrono.

I've been looking at a nice GTS but the weird thing is that while it of course has sport chrono, it does not have the sport response button in the center of the sport chrono radial dial on the steering wheel. I've never seen this, and thought that sport chrono meant the radial dial which in turn always meant having the sport response button. In reality I don't care that much about sport response since I tend to drive in sport most of the time anyway, but curious how this could be the case - is there some other box that has to be ticked to add sport response, or is there a way to delete that button from the factory?

EDIT: for anyone who is unsure, this is the button I'm referring to as missing. The radial dial otherwise looks the same, but is just smooth in the center.

Last edited by pbfoot3; 06-19-2020 at 08:15 PM. Reason: added image
Old 06-19-2020, 08:17 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by pbfoot3
First time, long time-er here. I'm looking at getting into my first P car and have mostly landed on a 718 GTS or highly-optioned S. Key option for me is sport chrono.

I've been looking at a nice GTS but the weird thing is that while it of course has sport chrono, it does not have the sport response button in the center of the sport chrono radial dial on the steering wheel. I've never seen this, and thought that sport chrono meant the radial dial which in turn always meant having the sport response button. In reality I don't care that much about sport response since I tend to drive in sport most of the time anyway, but curious how this could be the case - is there some other box that has to be ticked to add sport response, or is there a way to delete that button from the factory?
Sounds like its a manual. Sports response button is only on PDK cars.
The following users liked this post:
pbfoot3 (06-19-2020)
Old 06-19-2020, 08:19 PM
pbfoot3
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Todd B
Sounds like its a manual. Sports response button is only on PDK cars.
Wow this forum is great...that's exactly it, this is a 6MT. Knew that LC was limited to PDK, but did not know sport response was as well - thanks for the (extremely quick) answer!