Sponsored by:

718 Spyder allocation and ADM

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 04:07 AM
outie
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rxpert
I got an email from my local dealer 4 days ago requesting a 10K ADM for a GT4.

I wrote back telling them to pound sand (in a nice way) and explained everything discussed here on Rennlist why there shouldn’t be an ADM.

Stealership wrote back and said since I haven’t bought a Porsche from them before it’s 10K ADM to get my foot in the door otherwise no car.

They said the exact same thing to me for the 991.2 GT3 and guess what, I waited them out just like everyone suggested, and waited, and waited, and waited and no allocation even though it seems everyone and their dog got a GT3 allocation.

So I hate to say it but for me fighting for MSRP just isn’t gonna happen. I tried that game, failed, and worse have been without a Porsche for years now. I’m ponying up the 10K ADM and going to build the car I want and actually enjoy driving it. Life’s too short for me to wait another several years just to save 10K.

Sorry guys, you can flame me now for contributing to the ADM problem.......
Everyone and their dog got an allocation? With or without ADM?
Old 07-14-2019, 05:19 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Very few new people got a GT3 allocation without ADM. I know I did not, paid some ADM, got the build I wanted, no regrets. Maybe that makes you feel better.

I will say, ADMs for GT3 allocations, while they held throughout GT3 production, went down over time. They went from $30k to $10-15k. I suspect with GT4 the same will happen and they may go away after a while.

I would not suspect any dealer would give an early allocation to a new customer at sticker. Too many existing customers and ADM payers, so $10k for an early car is probably fair. I am going to wait. My SA seemed pretty optimistic I could get a car without ADM eventually, but he knows I don’t really care when I get the car so that makes his life and the managers’ lives easier.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:35 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

I wrote back telling them to pound sand (in a nice way) and explained everything discussed here on Rennlist why there shouldn’t be an ADM.

Stealership wrote back and said since I haven’t bought a Porsche from them before it’s 10K ADM to get my foot in the door otherwise no car.

They said the exact same thing to me for the 991.2 GT3 and guess what, I waited them out just like everyone suggested, and waited, and waited, and waited and no allocation even though it seems everyone and their dog got a GT3 allocation.

So I hate to say it but for me fighting for MSRP just isn’t gonna happen. I tried that game, failed, and worse have been without a Porsche for years now. I’m ponying up the 10K ADM and going to build the car I want and actually enjoy driving it. Life’s too short for me to wait another several years just to save 10K.

LOL Why would anyone flame you? It's your money, not ours. Whether or not you pay an ADM will not affect other dealers' ADM policy.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:37 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,480 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
While I’d agree with you the Spyder seems a better advancement than the GT4, I don’t see anything in the 718 Spyder that would make anyone move from their 981 Spyder.

Similar to what you mentioned - the Spyder’s heritage is about being lightweight etc. - for example the lightweight top.

But the 718 has the same torque as the 981, and then they go and make it heavier (eg auto start stop). Sure you get a bit more power - but that didn’t really change the power to weight ratio given the weight increase. So what are you really getting for the decent hike in price?

Suspension wise - it will be interesting to see how it drives. I think the new GT3 suspension is a positive, however, it would only be realized on the track (and if you want to track it get a GT4). The old X73 suspension definitely is great on the road - and you described it well with the “tossability” factor - you must have owned one ��. I don’t think you need bigger wheels and more rubber to maintain the fun the 981 is to drive on the road.

Appearance wise - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For me it is a great looking car, but I don’t like the rear (butt) treatment and did I read to get the Classic Interior you have to get a red top - yikes!

Now, if you missed the 981 Spyder last go around, cat is now out of the bag - would highly recommend picking one up. Or may want to look at a 981 given the price hike!

And for anyone thinking of buying one - please, please don’t pay an ADM. These are not limited production cars and the production will run for at least 3 years per AP.

nice pairing of the Spyder with 3RS!
Is the 981 Spyder lowered by 30 mm? The suspension change is a big difference, and so it displacement...which affects torque application over the power band. 13:1 compression ratio is also very close to the GT3's 13.3:1. I priced one out at $129k with PCCB, Burmester, sport buckets. That's actually a great value for a 4.0 liter convertible car with 8000 rpm redline. I like this car.

Also did the 981 have the MPSC2 tires? I can't remember.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:40 PM
chance6
Race Car

GT4 will be a nice car- for me I found the last version to be vastly underpowered. It needed 50 additional hp. This new version gets you close.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:43 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by diononiz
Carlsen wanted to charge 20k over MSRP plus 25K deposit
Hold out for a 992 GT3 at that point...HARD PASS
The following users liked this post:
diononiz (08-04-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 08:37 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Anyone have a dealer where I can get on the list at MSRP or a little over for the new Spyder?
Old 07-18-2019, 10:19 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Anyone have a dealer where I can get on the list at MSRP or a little over for the new Spyder?
Im getting a Spyder for msrp within your proximity. Might depend on history/relationship, but pm me, sure I can help.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:48 AM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 214 Posts

I passed on the 981’s last time. I was disappointed with the gearing situation and the Spyder not getting the GT4 love.

This time around with PDK I’ll pull the trigger on a new Spyder. SA called yesterday for my build although no allotment yet. I passed at MSRP and will wait for PDK.
Old 08-03-2019, 01:50 PM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Does anybody know whether the European dealership are taking orders at sticker?
Old 08-03-2019, 05:06 PM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

In this video Andreas Preuninger says the GT4 and Spyder will have multi-year production runs and there will be PDK variants, I'd strongly advise against overs, contact multiple dealerships, let them know what you're willing to pay, and wait.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:42 PM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 75 Posts

I know this is not the correct thread. My apologies in advance.
I will pass on the spyder if I can get a 4.0 na 6 in a 992 gts cab.
Does anyone have any information if the 992 gts will be a na beast?
Old 08-05-2019, 11:42 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,774 Likes on 4,773 Posts

Originally Posted by Manoverpdk
Does anyone have any information if the 992 gts will be a na beast?
It will not.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:47 PM
Marv800
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
I was offered a 2020 M2 competition yesterday at 10k adm. I'll never get that 10 minutes back, but at least I really know how that dealership feels about me so I guess it was worth the time. I find ADM laughable myself, but it's an economy of desire and that has no logic and the dealers know this. The M2 Competition and CS? is anyone cross shopping?

It actually took you a 10 minute conversation to turn down an M2 at $10k over?!?! That conversation would have ended in about 10 seconds for me, and I used to have an M2.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:53 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by 2XIPA
I passed on the 981’s last time. I was disappointed with the gearing situation and the Spyder not getting the GT4 love.

This time around with PDK I’ll pull the trigger on a new Spyder. SA called yesterday for my build although no allotment yet. I passed at MSRP and will wait for PDK.
I got a call from my dealer with an MSRP GT4 allocation and I told him I'll pass until PDK is offered.

Quick Reply: 718 Spyder allocation and ADM