Sponsored by:

Got my wife a new Porsche 718 for Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 05:30 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Got my wife a new Porsche 718 for Christmas

Love the car. I daily a 997S with a 6 speed manual and a C7 Corvette GrandSport with a 7 speed manual and this PDK 718 is a fantastic addition. Had a 2014 Cayman as a loaner for a day in 2014, couldn't stand it. The 718 is in another league - very impressed.

My Porsche dealer did a great job in locating the exact car we were looking for it was sitting up at Porsche of Greenwhich with the exact options in GT Silver like she wanted. They had the car shipped down and put it under a Christmas tree where it stayed on the showroom floor until she picked it up very cool.

Old 01-05-2019, 02:39 PM
2porscheman
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great present. Did the same but have been unable to
post the pics direct from phone to forum. Any advice on how to is really appreciated
Old 01-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by 2porscheman
post the pics direct from phone to forum. Any advice on how to is really appreciated
Thanks. I've never really used the forum on the phone tbh, do yo have a laptop? You should see a tab under your message where you type text "Manage attachments" and through there browse for pictures on your hard drive. I'd imagine it would be similar on a phone look forward to seeing them.

10 days into ownership I get a text she's been pulled over for going over the speed limit. I reply back to be careful this car is capable of 170mph. "I know" she responds. I ask her how does she know that. "Because when I hit the gas it turns everyone behind me into ants"......priceless.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:39 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
... this car is capable of 170mph. "I know" she responds. I ask her how does she know that. "Because when I hit the gas it turns everyone behind me into ants"......priceless.
Great story.

You should get PCA memberships (if not members already) and sign up for auto-cross and track events. That’ll help build driving skills and make the urge to ‘turn everyone behind into ants’ on the street easier to resist. Easier... not impossible.

... have been unable to
I assume you’ve gotten to the point of being able to select a picture on your phone? After you select your picture and wait for it to upload you have to click on “upload” or it won’t actually persist server-side.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:34 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 545 Likes on 371 Posts

You could email the pics to yourself and upload from a computer interface.

My wife also has a lead foot...
Old 01-12-2019, 02:32 AM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by worf928

Great story.

You should get PCA memberships (if not members already) and sign up for auto-cross and track events. That’ll help build driving skills and make the urge to ‘turn everyone behind into ants’ on the street easier to resist. Easier... not impossible.
That's not a bad idea. I doubt she would track it though after she saw how expensive that hobby can get last few years (and that was a relatively cheap Shelby GT350 and Boss302)
Old 01-12-2019, 11:21 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
That's not a bad idea. I doubt she would track it though after she saw how expensive that hobby can get last few years (and that was a relatively cheap Shelby GT350 and Boss302)
PCA A-X and DE events are not free sure, but overall they are only as expensive as you want them to be. If the purpose is to have fun then it’s just pads, rotors, fluids and tires. Material wear’s a lot less of a hit if you DIY too.

OTOH, if you have to beat the stopwatch and everybody else, then yes it can get really expensive.

You should at least get her to try one or both. Seriously, would you rather spend money on tires that get turned into heat and smoke or shoes that sit on a shelf in a custom a closet?

Quick Reply: Got my wife a new Porsche 718 for Christmas