718 memory setting questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 05:14 PM
dinomight
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 718 memory setting questions

Hi all,

I have a couple questions in regard to the 718 boxster and am unable to find it in the manual or online. Hoping you guys can help.

How do you change the setting for the positioning of the seats and steering wheels for when you shut off the engine?

How do I permanently turn off Auto Start/stop?

Thank you!
Old 11-01-2018, 09:12 PM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Seat and steering wheel--there are no special settings for this but turning on Comfort Entry will slide the seat back and the wheel up.

Auto Start/Stop is always on when starting the car--no option but to push the button or go to Sport.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:11 PM
dinomight
8th Gear

Originally Posted by GregWormald
Seat and steering wheel--there are no special settings for this but turning on Comfort Entry will slide the seat back and the wheel up.

Auto Start/Stop is always on when starting the car--no option but to push the button or go to Sport.
Thanks!
Old 11-06-2018, 03:47 PM
ttmedical
4th Gear

I installed this: https://t-design9.com/memory_module.html in my 718 BS which does the trick for the auto start/stop. The video for installation is for a 981 but the exact same process was used in my car. Don't need to be mechanically minded but definitely get yourself a trim tool so you don't bend/damage any of the side panels of the center console.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:38 AM
dinomight
8th Gear

Originally Posted by ttmedical
I installed this: https://t-design9.com/memory_module.html in my 718 BS which does the trick for the auto start/stop. The video for installation is for a 981 but the exact same process was used in my car. Don't need to be mechanically minded but definitely get yourself a trim tool so you don't bend/damage any of the side panels of the center console.
wow I didn't even know this was an option. Thanks so much!

I have another newbie question. I have the sports chrono package with pdk and i'm unsure how to activate "launch control". The manual says if you press the button it gives maximum responsiveness for 20 seconds, but the display says "sports response". I've seen on some videos other people have the display "launch control".
Old 11-10-2018, 04:40 PM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by dinomight
I have another newbie question. I have the sports chrono package with pdk and i'm unsure how to activate "launch control". The manual says if you press the button it gives maximum responsiveness for 20 seconds, but the display says "sports response". I've seen on some videos other people have the display "launch control".
Sport+ mode. Left foot on brake, fully depressed. Right foot on accelerator. Floor the accelerator. When the tach levels off at 6,000 RPM, lift left foot off brake. Hold on for dear life. It all happens real fast -- and, with sport exhaust, real loud.

It's fun in my Boxster. In my TTS, it's scary (and when you retrieve your larynx from your kidneys, fun to do again).

The 20-second button isn't for launch control.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:58 PM
dinomight
8th Gear

Originally Posted by AviBen
Sport+ mode. Left foot on brake, fully depressed. Right foot on accelerator. Floor the accelerator. When the tach levels off at 6,000 RPM, lift left foot off brake. Hold on for dear life. It all happens real fast -- and, with sport exhaust, real loud.

It's fun in my Boxster. In my TTS, it's scary (and when you retrieve your larynx from your kidneys, fun to do again).

The 20-second button isn't for launch control.
Awesome! thanks!!!

Quick Reply: 718 memory setting questions