Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering new 718CS

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 01:55 PM
b1st
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I prefer to do my own rev-matching / heel-toe, even thought it's far from perfect, so no need for Chrono.

The sales guy just told me that doing a performance center delivery adds another 4-5 weeks for delivery. Is this correct? He also wants $3k non-refundable deposit because the build is so unique... sounds like BS to me?
Old 10-20-2018, 07:44 PM
k3v7n
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b1st
I prefer to do my own rev-matching / heel-toe, even thought it's far from perfect, so no need for Chrono.

The sales guy just told me that doing a performance center delivery adds another 4-5 weeks for delivery. Is this correct? He also wants $3k non-refundable deposit because the build is so unique... sounds like BS to me?
My dealer wanted a 10% deposit for any order. But they also said they can’t legally make it non-refundable.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:17 PM
bgsntth
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Be sure to sit in the 2-way seats before finalizing the order. The big advantage of the 14 and 18 way seats is 4-way lumbar support - crucial if you are above or below average height.

The hill-holder works great for starting on inclines. The main issue with stop and go traffic on an incline is that you have to apply a bit more throttle on start-up, which launches you forward, whereupon you have to put the clutch in again as traffic grinds to a halt. I tend to let a gap develop and then try and creep in first gear with as little throttle as possible, and curse the bloke in front of me braking for no reason (cell phone) and forcing me to put the clutch back in.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:14 AM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

We did PEC delivery in Atlanta and it added 3-4 weeks to the timeline. Dealer could have delivered in April and our delivery for PEC was May. Totally worth it though. Granted, it was free in 2017... But even paid, I would do it. The experience my girlfriend had getting her 718 was excellent. Just know, you'll go to your dealership for finance paperwork, etc.... about a week or so before the PEC experience. Then paperwork at PEC as well. But the car gets a license plate bracket and delivery number unique to that experience, lunch is included, and 1.5 hours of driving experience with your delivery person/instructor.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:26 PM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Received 564 Likes on 283 Posts

I’m not sure about the uniqueness of the build but adding PEC Atlanta to our build definetly added 3-4 weeks to our delivery. I was not crazy about the additional time but PEC Atalanta was great and we both felt worth the additional time.

After trying Rev-Match and realizing that I couldn’t heel/toe perfectly every shift, it made sense to let the computer make all perfect down shifts for me and let me concentrate on the corner.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:25 PM
JakiChan
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I did PEC LA. It's an amazing experience. I loved it. That's why I went down there last weekend for the 2nd anniversary.

Quick Reply: Ordering new 718CS