Sponsored by:

718 base lag

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 12:40 PM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Base or S is really your personal call.

I've had the base for a year and have never felt the need for more power or acceleration. If the extra hp or shaving 1/2 second off your flat out push into illegal speed areas is important, then go for it.

Of course there may be other advantages of which I'm not aware. Drive one and see.

As far as options go you really don't NEED any. I'd suggest performance options for track or dedicated toy, luxury ones for daily driver. (When you run out of money--STOP!)
The following users liked this post:
lion shf (09-15-2021)
Old 07-13-2018, 08:45 AM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by seis-speed
New member here.
Drove the 718 S and I am sold, but I was wondering if the base is enough?
I can't believe how much quicker these cars are vs the outgoing model.
I want to do European Delivery, so dealer says I need to wait until the early winter to order for a May/June Delivery.
Base might be enough? I am going to get very few options. Not sure on PASM and Vectoring. The tester I drove did not have it and I thought it was fine.
Definitely getting the manual.

Seis-Speed
I would have loved the S, but the Base is plenty for me.
Out of PASM / Torque Vectoring, I only would have gotten Torque Vectoring... I don't feel like I need the PASM at all (unless you want it lower).
Premium Package is all you need for a basic set of luxury options (stuff that's standard on other cars) - unless this is a toy and you can do without those.
Sport Chrono is a worthwhile performance option that I think every car should get.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:50 AM
Wine.o
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene
I would have loved the S, but the Base is plenty for me.
Out of PASM / Torque Vectoring, I only would have gotten Torque Vectoring... I don't feel like I need the PASM at all (unless you want it lower).
Premium Package is all you need for a basic set of luxury options (stuff that's standard on other cars) - unless this is a toy and you can do without those.
Sport Chrono is a worthwhile performance option that I think every car should get.
Unfortunately, PTV is only available if you also get PASM. The only option is the standard (10mm drop) or lowered (20mm drop).
Old 07-13-2018, 07:03 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I did a base 718 and stayed light on the options. If you want the same power as the S look at the new Cobb Tuning option. The testing shows that the base is underrated.
I went with non-power sport seats but added heating and ventilated seats. No nav and 19" wheels. For the sticker of $63k I don't think there is better all around car. Only thing close would be a GrandSport Vette but that is a different animal.

Quick Reply: 718 base lag